• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Questions about StopTech's

I've been doing a lot of research and searching through the forums over the last few days but have been unable to find my answer.

Currently I am running Enkie Kojin 17x8 +35 up front and 18x9.5 +30 in the rear with an 8mm spacer all around. My problem is that I am in Germany and the car is in Canada so I cannot go out and measure using the template to see if the caliper will fit.

On StopTechs website there are two sets that will fit under a 17" wheel,
328mm rotor (12.9") - minimum 17" wheel and 332mm rotor (13.1") - minimum 17" wheel.

Will I be safe with either choice?

My second predicament that I am in is just to buy front or buy front & rear, or buy all three, front, rear and ebrake caliper. But I have a hard time justifing buying the rear ebrake caliper. But then I figure if I dont buy the ebrake caliper I shouldnt by the rears at all.

Why cant they make an easier way to keep the ebrake? lol

ANy input is appreciated.

Thanks

Joey

The StopTech kit specific for the NSX is a 328mm rotor. It's probably not the diameter of your wheel and the rotor that will cause a conflict but rather the offset of your wheel and the spoke design interfering with the caliper outside face. Safest bet is to wait until you can test the template inside your wheel with the 8mm spacer in place. It would be an expensive lesson to buy the set only to find out it doesn't clear your wheels. Unless you plan on leaving your car in gear to act as the parking brake, you should spend the extra $1k for the e-brake kit.

The OEM rear caliper is a rear brake and ebrake in 1 design. The Stoptech or any other aftermarket caliper, will require 2 components to achieve what the OEM can do with 1. I personally will not cheap out on the ebrake. I mean, you are already spending over $4000 on the front and the rear.

The real question you should be answering is, what are you trying to achieve with the BBK. Is it for "bling"? Or is it for performance?

I haven't installed mine yet, so sorry can't comment on how the front only would work. From my research that Stoptech kit was designed specially for the nsx with proper piston sizes and everything to achieve a good balance. (34mm and 28mm pistons in the front, and 28mm pistons only in the rear). I'd get both front and back if planning on tracking the car, otherwise I feel the front only is probably a good choice. Someone correct me please if im wrong. E brakes was a must for me, simply without it my car won't even pass air care of any sort of safety inspection. also one last resource if everything else fail, haha.

at the very least just upgrade the rears to the OEM newer 97+ size rear rotors and keep your e-brake as is

I forgot to mention that last winter I had already upgraded to powerslot rotors, SS lines and Hawk HPS pads at all four corners. At the same time I replaced my master brake cylinder.

im running the 328 from stoptech front and rear with ebrake. from the picture attached, those are enkei rpf1 17x8 front et 35 and 18x10 rear et 38. the front is fine without any spacers for clearance between calipers and spokes. im sure enkei kojin spokes curvature will give you more clearances. as for the rear, i have to run 15mm spacers to have 3mm of clearance. again, you may not have to run that thick of a spacer due to spoke design. my tires are 215/40r17 and 265/35r18 sumitomo hrz2. hope infos help

Back