• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Questions for Those With Low Compression Piston - Help!

Re: Questions for Those With Low Compression Piston - Help!!!

Correct me if I am wrong.
Maps are used when you have an aftermarket add on computor system which you add onto you car to manually set fuel pressures, spark, timing, injector pulse and all that stuff.
If you are running a stock system, then you have what you need.
Nothing to load or invent or tune.
So, if you bought an aem system and knew someone who had the same exact engine and accessories, then you could get their map and load it into your aem and tune your car from there. Each car is going to be different and location and temperature will cause different settings to be had.
Hope I'm right, I hate to be wrong.
Have you not had your car to your mechanic?
He should be able to solve this.
Did you install a new fuel pump, filter, fuel pressure gauge to see your fuel pressure? Hows the plugs.
Trev

Trev, you are not wrong. :)

A few members mentioned AEM so I was hoping to get one in case I am going with AEM. I spoke with a local tuning shop Friday and the rep told me he's confident that if there's tuning issues, going with AEM will solve the problems. He said they have AEM factory trained technicians. He quoted me $700 for the tuning.

I just drop off my car to my mechanic and he and the crew will try to sort everything out next week. I will have some update next week.

Re: Questions for Those With Low Compression Piston - Help!!!

Nice, this should be interesting.
Are you doing before and after dynos with complete A/F ratios.
Are you going colder with your plugs?
Are you getting the AEM and sensors from Sos?
I would like to see pics of where you put your wideband sensors.
I want to put the bungs in my car and I have a brand new set of Topspeed Headers - Version 1 - Here in my office, So I would like to do the bungs before install. - For future of course for me.
Trev

Very good!!!!
I am glad you are running nicely now.
I am not that low of a compression and my engine is pulling fine after break in.
Hum, must do dyno......soon.
Low boost used whipple coming in days.
Take care.
Trev

Back