• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quick shoot after some changes

R13

Experienced Member
Tech Expert
After getting a bit frustrated by lack of grip and dearth of body roll following several autocrosses and a track day, I went through with some modifications that I've been researching for probably the better part of a year.

Off came the OEM swaybars, shocks (at least two were blown I believe), and wheels (along with nice-riding, but tragically under-sized sumitomo HTRZs).

Quick "Before" picture:
car3.jpg

On went Dali "Type Q" Swaybars, KW V3 coilovers, and Advan RZs (Thanks Angus!) shod with Dunlop Z1s. I'll be the first to say that I honestly had function foremost in my mind, but I'm happy with the way it turned out aesthetically as well. Pardon the lack of post-processing on these, I'm short software and skills in that dept.

Results:
revised5.jpg

revised3.jpg

revised4.jpg

revised1.jpg

Last edited:
I love the Advan RZ's. Your probably wondering why you didn't do this sooner.

Last edited:
how are you coming along with priority number 1?

how are you coming along with priority number 1?

Honestly (knock on wood) I know of no outstanding mechanical or electrical issues with the car. Cosmetically the front bumper cover is a bit janky due to a crappy repair and cheap re-spray from the PO, and it's missing the tie-down loop on the drivers front corner. Neither have any impact on the cars function, so I'll get to them when it's convenient (i.e. I see a black bumper cover up for sale on here for cheap). I'm sure other things will crop up due to the car's age and mileage (now at ~225,000), but it's solid for the moment.

Back