• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rays Engineering Volk Racing TE37 17/18 wheels/tires

Up for sale are my Rays Engineering Volk Racing TE37 Super Lap forged monoblock wheels complete with Yokohama S-Drive tires. Selling because I rarely have time to drive my car anymore so I have put the stock wheels and tires back on and these are now for sale.

I am the original owner of these wheels which I custom ordered in NSX specific sizes and offsets. They are double staggered with concave rear fitment: 17x7.5” +40 offset front and 18x10”+40 offset rear. This is a no-mess, no-fuss flush fitment with no absolutely no rubbing. In addition no spacers are being used.

Tires sizes on these wheels are 215/40-17 front and 275/35-18 rear. Tires were balanced on state of the art Hunter equipment; there are absolutely no vibrations and very minimal weights were applied. The tires and wheels have exactly 1,953 easy street miles on them…no track use, competitive driving events, burnouts, etc. In fact, I never broke them loose. The wheels are wiped down with a spray polish and microfiber cloth after each and every drive and fully removed and cleaned every three months -- yes, I am that obsessive-compulsive! See photos below for condition and current remaining tread. There is plenty of meat left on these tires, they are wearing like iron with my conservative alignment.

Forged from a single aluminum billet this is one of the lightest and strongest wheels you can buy for your NSX in a timeless, distinctly Japanese design. The Superlap model has undergone additional weight savings over the normal TE37 while maintaining the same strength and high rigidity. These are finished in a gorgeous “Pressed Graphite” with diamond cut/machined/clear coated center section and outer lip. See how Rays crafts their forged wheels here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Armx02_R7Y0

I measured the following weights which are lower than the stock 16/17 forged 7 spokes. They are:

FRONT: 17X7.5 +40 - 14.5 pounds (37.8 lbs with tire) vs. 39 lbs for stock also with Yokohama rubber
REAR: 18X10 +40 - 18.9 pounds (44.8 lbs with tire) vs. 47.4 lbs for stock also with Yokohama rubber

I am including the following with the sale of these wheels/tires:

-Aluminum Hub centering rings (four pieces) specific to the NSX
-Conical seat ”tuner” lug nuts that I received from Rays Engineering (20 pieces)
-Unused and never applied red “Volk Racing Rays Engineering” spoke decals still in the package (4 pieces)
-Mint condition rim flange TE37SL decals (these come applied from the factory)
-Red anodized aluminum valve stems and valve stem caps
-All paperwork, warning pamphlets and tags as received straight from Rays Engineering Japan

Selling for $3000. My original cost was quite a bit higher than this. As they say; good wheels are not cheap and cheap wheels are not good.

Local sale in the San Francisco Bay Area very strongly preferred but I will ship fully insured at buyer’s expense. Save some money and the typical 6-8 week wait for shipment from Japan. All serial numbers and barrel decals are fully intact and in excellent condition with the exception of one of the fronts: One of my brake caliper speedbleeders developed a small leak and the resulting droplets of brake fluid took off some of the decal print.

Interested and serious buyers please send me a PM with your contact information. You can feel free to send over another local primer to check these out for you if you are not from the area.

All photos are of the actual items for sale.

DSC_1042.jpg

DSC_1032.jpg

DSC_1023.jpg

DSC_1009.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg