• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rays TE37 monoblock forged wheels in custom colors

We are negotiating with Rays to produce another run of the NSX-specific TE37 wheels. As you may know, these sizes/offsets were discontinued because they are not used on many other models and the production volume was too low to continue. That's too bad, because these wheels look awesome on the NSX and offer one of the lightest forged monoblock options available and nice concave rear spokes. We have had two special runs manufactured by Rays for us in the past - and this year, they are allowing something really exciting - instead of only offering two colors, they are allowing us to have our customers choose any color they want from the wide assortment of colors shown below! In addition to this, we're offering these at a SIGNIFICANT discount - so low can't share online - so please e-mail us for pricing details.

However, we first need to decide which front width to manufacture. There are two options:
17x8.0+38 / 18x10.5+45 or
17x8.5+40 / 18x10.5+45

The 17x8.0 is compatible with either 215/40-17 or 235/40-17 tires which are available in popular sizes. It however does not clear Stoptech big brakes. The 17x8.5 is slightly wider, and is compatible with both those tires, but does cause the 215/40-17 to look more "stretched" than in the rear.

This production run of course requires us to manufacture a minimum of 40 pieces - so we will require a minimum of 8 sets to proceed.

If you are interested, please reply to this thread on which size you'd like, and what color you'd prefer (if undecided, just indicated undecided). We will finalize the color with you when we have a minimum of 8 interested buyers.

frequently asked questions:
What color may I choose?: any color listed in the color chart below
Do some colors cost more?: yes. White and bronze (an anodized finish) are standard. Other colors will be $25 more per wheel except the "Hyper" colors which are a two stage finish which cost $63.00 more per wheel.
Do these wheels fit Stoptech?: yes - the 17x8.5+40 clears Stoptech. The 17x8.0+38 does not with out a small spacer. We will announce which size is being made when we hear back from interested individuals.
What is the price?: we've arranged a significant on these sets! Please e-mail [email protected] for pricing details.
What is the delivery timeframe: we expect to ship to you within 90-120 days from the day the order is placed.

21356706003_e45ace25c4_o.png

te37_formulasilver_800.jpg

te37bronze1_800x600_1.jpg

Last edited:
Chris,

You are just talking about front sizes right now, correct. Will these be available in 19in rears?

Thanks

Chris, will 17x8 clear Brembos? Pricing please

Misspelled from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just adding some commentary that's unsolicited. I would choose the front 8.5" width all day long. Gives folks more options and is a really rare size hard to find in the used market. A las I'm not in a position to buy 17/18 wheels until the Michelin PSS are available.

Chris, will 17x8 clear Brembos? Pricing please

Sorry, we have not tested the Brembo GT caliper with the 17x8.0+38. If it fits, it would be very close. I'd recommend 17x8.5 for anyone with or considering big brakes.

I really like the color of the wheels on the red car in the pictures. I would choose that one but only because I have not seen any other colors from the chart actually on a car. Hard to decide on a thumbnail. I also wish they could be slightly more concave.

We've received enough interest to proceed with this size, which will clear big brakes including Stoptech.
17x8.5+40 / 18x10.5+45

To proceed, please call us (480-894-6277) or e-mail us ([email protected]) with the color you prefer and to place your order with a 50% deposit. We will start the order as soon as 8 customers contact us, and we have until the end of this month to add an additional sets. Please let us know what other questions you may have!

Hi,

I sent an email with a question earlier this week, but was emailed back with instructions from Wade H. to reply to this thread.

I am interested in purchasing a front pair of 17x8.5 +40 in bronze since I already have a rear pair. Are you able to sell just a front pair? If so, please let me know as I would like to get a quote for a front pair shipped.

Thanks!

Back