• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendation for Hotels Close to Rancho Palos Verdes

Any suggestions for reasonably priced hotels within 30 minutes drives north of Trump National Golf Club? Will need it for 2 or 3 nights stay with family.

Should I look around Redondo, Hermosa and/or Manhattan Beach or more inland? How far of a drive is it from Westwood on a weekend ....... TIA.

Torrance Marriott on Torrance Blvd and Hawthorne Blvd.

Torrance Hilton is right across the street.

Del Amo Mall (pretty big one) is just down the street.

Mileage not bad but....... LA traffic...... WHEW!!! Plan at least an hour ( on the freeway each way, maybe more) + surface street time + conducting business time = ALL freaking day

I don't recall the Days Inn or Comfort Inn types... I'm sure there are some but I don't pay attention to the locations.

Good luck, Danny RED SR 71

I agree. Either the Hilton or Marriott are good choices down in Torrance. I go to the Trump National Golf from time to time. I actually have 2 houses in Palos Verdes, 1 that I rent out and the other I live in. Recently I rented out the other one, or else I would not mind letting you stay there.

Have fun!

You might consider staying in the Redondo Beach Harbor, it's going to be more scenic than staying inland, lots to explore, and I'd put it 20 minutes to the golf course via Palos Verdes Drive West. I do the drive all the time & it's rarely gummed up, but give yourself a half hour to be sure. The favorites are these two, but you can find others in a search:

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel
300 N. Harbor Dr.
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Phone: (310) 318-8888

The Portofino Hotel & Yacht Club
260 Portofino Way
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Phone: (310) 379-8481

Back