• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommended Auto Racing Helmet

I've been using a Arai motorcycle helmet at my past track events, but I think I should get a auto racing helmet now.
I'm looking to spend at the most $500. Does anyone have a helmet they could recommend? Saftey is #1 of course, but cheaper the better. I also want it to be black.

I don't have enough experience of my own to help as I only have research to go on. However, here is a link to a thread that may help.
http://www.nsxsc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000514.html

Also, there is some good reading in the FAQ. I won't link to that as it's the FAQ NAZI's job so I'll leave the glory to him.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 20 July 2001).]

there is some good reading in the FAQ. I won't link to that as it's the FAQ NAZI's job so I'll leave the glory to him.

No soup for you!

Actually, I'd rather that everybody else get in the habit of looking in the FAQ, so I could be quiet.

You can find helmet information by clicking here.

goto xxxx, try some bieffe's on, then buy from yyyy

It's definitely a good idea to try helmets on, since you need one to be comfortable (snug, but not so tight that your face is squeezed) and you won't know for sure until you try them on.

Stores that keep helmets in stock don't do so as a public service so that you can buy elsewhere. Buy your helmet at the place where you try it on, and spend a few extra bucks if you have to. Support the stores that provide this service to you, so that they stay in business.

Back