• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

review - Df intake w/ Pride 2 exhaust

Howdy

My pals around town have through various conversations and transactions advised that my NSX be fitted with a DF CF Scoop and a Pride2 exhaust.

simply said: "yup, that sounds real nice"

prior setup was oem intake and comptech v2 exhaust

I now hear my engine "inhale" and "exhale" and damn if it isn't an addicting sound. Its like hearing my 3.2 for the first time, unleashed from restrictions and allowed to speak the language of potential horsepower. The power curve is more responsive and audible, the pull is tighter, the sound is going to take some getting used to at various RPMs. It's reasonable at "take the car home speeds" and at WFO - it is amazing and FUN

Thank you gents, I'm stoked to re-discover this engine from an audible perspective.

-

Last edited:
Besides the nicer sound, do you notice any performance gains if any? The Comptech V2 should be freer flowing than the Pride V2 and from what I've read almost all intakes offer no performance gains and alot actually decrease performance. If anything you car may actually be slower. But then again it may not even be noticeable and I bet the sound makes up for it.

Do you notice an droning with the Pride V2 and would you say it is obnoxiously loud? My CT-Engineering Exhaust (same as Comptech V2) has a slight drone at 2000-2500 rpm.

Also, POST SOME SOUND CLIPS!!!!!

once I put the DF intake scoop thingy on mine it was like a new car.
the gurgling sounds is addictive.

not much for the Drone of aftermarket mufflers cuz it gets old real fast but when i want to HEAR the engine the DF intake tells me she is there.

you def. a car guy by your passionate words LOL

The Pride almost certainly subtracts horse rather than giving it, but it does provide a sound a lot of owners like. The DF scoop doesn't hurt and also provides a good increase in intake sound, which is probably my favorite part of the car.

Is your DF intake the Mugen replica or just the scoop? I think many here confuse these two items and it also confuse myself as well. I know DF can make the scoop in CF, but most of the time it's FRP. Can you please verify?

As for exhaust, the Pride V2 is probably a better audible choice, but I agree with others that the Comptech maybe the higher HP solution. I wish exhausts for our vehicles were less expensive so that we can prove once and for all which is better. One day, I'd love for a shop to do some dyno runs for us using one car and have several of us show up with our exhausts to swap. Wishful thinking though.

Let's make a video Chase.

Your's with cats and mine with TPs.

Thats a good idea, we can do it on Supercar day

-
I know DF can make the scoop in CF...

yup, I have the DF carbon fiber scoop with stock airbox, stock throttle body, etc (I incorrectly typed intake in the title, its just the scoop)
..and its race-tested, since it came off "integrals" car which now runs ITBs (and they sound wicked)

-

Last edited:
I have been very happy with the sound created and power added by my CT headers and CT (gen1) exhaust. I have been thinking on which intake would complete the package...

DF scoop + DF mugen-replica stack system certainly looks like an attractive (if expensive) option. Do we know if this system will add more power than the complete CT system (lower and upper CF airbox)?

After doing some research on my own I decided to keep OEM airbox and install downforce intake scoop and that seems to work very good.

Very cost-effective too :)

How hard is the DF scoop install? You don't need to take the quarter panel to put it on, right?

I just want the best airflow before I do the RDX injectors mod. The Prospeed intake seems affordable but I don't want to run without a fender liner...

How hard is the DF scoop install? You don't need to take the quarter panel to put it on, right?

Simple.
Jack up left rear. Remove left rear wheel and most of the fender liner to expose the area in front of the wheel.
Grab a ratchet, socket, and extension (think its 10mm) Remove the 3 bolts holding on the OEM tube, remove it and leave the rubber circle to OEM airbox in place (you don't need to remove it).
Fitting the DF scoop takes a little monkeying around to get it in, it will fit once you find the angle for it to slip in. You will re-use 2 of the 3 bolts that you removed. Once you have the brackets positioned and fitment visual check, then tighten bolts back in original holes. Install fender liner and wheel. Save the OEM part and tape the 3rd bolt to it.
Go for a drive :biggrin:
Return to garage, finish the beer you opened when you started.

I still need to learn how to remove the fender liner without breaking any clips... Still, sounds quick and easy.

Simple.
Jack up left rear. Remove left rear wheel and most of the fender liner to expose the area in front of the wheel.
Grab a ratchet, socket, and extension (think its 10mm) Remove the 3 bolts holding on the OEM tube, remove it and leave the rubber circle to OEM airbox in place (you don't need to remove it).
Fitting the DF scoop takes a little monkeying around to get it in, it will fit once you find the angle for it to slip in. You will re-use 2 of the 3 bolts that you removed. Once you have the brackets positioned and fitment visual check, then tighten bolts back in original holes. Install fender liner and wheel. Save the OEM part and tape the 3rd bolt to it.
Go for a drive :biggrin:
Return to garage, finish the beer you opened when you started.

LOL :biggrin: I'm waiting for my scoop to arrive as well.

I believe the DF Scoop or any scoop for that matter doesn't do anything at all. Someone mentioned the most restrictive part of the stock intake system is the flexible plastic tube around the throttle body. Removing the stock baffle/snorkel will get the same results as the scoop: more induction noise and that cool darth vader last breath when you shut off your engine. Try removing just the stock baffle and see how you like it.

Taking off the fender liners is just a matter of unscrewing a few screws and removing the clips (push the center "button" in and it pops out). The front fender liners have a few weird retention clips. Just turn those a quarter turn and they'll release.

Last edited:
Back