• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RIP Steve NSX1

LMR

Legendary Member
Just saw this on another thread and posting here.

Hello everyone, I recently received sad news from Steve's (NSX1) wife that Steve has passed away on June 6th, 2015, while out for a walk near his home in Oregon. She said his death happened fast and was unexpected.

His wife, Rosa, asked me for other contacts of his friends that I might know, to pass on the news. I didn't know many, but I think a lot of people from/subscripted to this thread are friends of Steve, so I posted this here hoping it reaches out to many through thread notification.

I imagine it's a very difficult time for his wife, and if you wish to reach out to her to express condolences, you can contact her at: [email protected]
<script type="text/javascript" cf-hash="f9e31">/* <![CDATA[ */!function(){try{var t="currentScript"in document?document.currentScript:function(){for(var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute("cf-hash"))return t[e]}();if(t&&t.previousSibling){var e,r,n,i,c=t.previousSibling,a=c.getAttribute("data-cfemail");if(a){for(e="",r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16),n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)i=parseInt(a.substr(n,2),16)^r,e+=String.fromCharCode(i);e=document.createTextNode(e),c.parentNode.replaceChild(e,c)}}}catch(u){}}();/* ]]> */</script>
. I hope that you do write to her.

From the four times I hung out with Steve during the video shoots and the occational emails we exchanged over the years keeping in touch, he was always a great & genuine guy. A true car enthusiast and an extremely dedicated team member. Team NSX has lost a great friend. R.I.P., Steve.

-Phu

Steve-NSX1a.jpg
[/IMG]

Steve-NSX1b.jpg
[/IMG]

I have only met Steve a few times but I remember how much he loved his NSX that he would give up his house before ever selling his NSX.

RIP Steve

Just saw this thread and I am In shock! Steve was a GREAT guy and this is a real loss to the NSX Community and a good friend! This is a sad time for all of us and reminds us to enjoy each day and hug your loved ones whenever you can!

I remember (and still have) the Sticker he had on his NSX :

NSX HYBRID
Burns Gas and Rubber!
I will miss you Steve!
Rest in Peace

Sorry to hear...another NSX brother, gone way too early....

RIP Mr Steve

Oh man... Why... These kinds of threads are the worst on prime. STEVE RIP buddy.

What happened to him? This is very depressing

Prayers for his family.

He seemed to be a very loyal friend.

So sorry to hear. That's terribly sad. His car looked immaculate and he was a true enthusiast.

I emailed Rosa on behalf of the NSXCA our condolences and she recently sent me the Funeral dates and info for Steve if anyone would like to attend.

"For those able to attend here is Steve's funeral service.

Los Angeles National Cemetery at 950 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 on July 1, 2015 at 10:00 am. Cemetery entrance in Coonstitution via Sepulveda Blvd.
Lunch to follow in Century City Mall. Restaurant still being arranged after a head count. Please reply by June 24th, Wednesday. Thank you

FYI, Lots of parking at the cemetery."

what a fitting tribute it would be to have a squadron of nsx at that funeral.

Just received a call from Rosa wanting my email to send me the funeral info and was going to post it but Brian beat me to it. She was also looking to get another local members number which I gave her.

This was a surprise to me as I've been keeping in touch with Steve since he moved to Oregon. When I called him last week to see if he was around to meet me for lunch the call went straight to voicemail, my first thought is that Steve always picks up his phone or at least rings then voicemail but I didn't think nothing of it.

Yeah, I just received a call too from Rosa as well wanting my email to send me the funeral info. My prayers goes out to his family during this difficult moment.

Last edited:
I remember meeting Steve at NSXPO 2008. Great guy. You will be missed!

I emailed Rosa on behalf of the NSXCA our condolences and she recently sent me the Funeral dates and info for Steve if anyone would like to attend.

"For those able to attend here is Steve's funeral service.

Los Angeles National Cemetery at 950 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 on July 1, 2015 at 10:00 am. Cemetery entrance in Coonstitution via Sepulveda Blvd.
Lunch to follow in Century City Mall. Restaurant still being arranged after a head count. Please reply by June 24th, Wednesday. Thank you

FYI, Lots of parking at the cemetery."

Please go to this thread in the link below if you can go.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/190035-Funeral-of-Steve-Amgwert-(NSX1)

Back