• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

San Jose Grand Prix

Hey, is that Otto Joe? Remember me? I'm James and my sis ran her NSX at NSXPO 03 with you. Anyway, yeah, I'm going. Are you planning a caravan?

02#184 said:
Hey, is that Otto Joe? Remember me? I'm James and my sis ran her NSX at NSXPO 03 with you. Anyway, yeah, I'm going. Are you planning a caravan?

Yup, it's me. I don't think it will be much of a caravan from Fremont to downtown San Jose though. :)

The main thing for me right now is to convince the spousal unit to let me go out and play for a weekend. :frown:

Otto

Hi guys,
I looked into getting a Car Club discount with the promoters of the race.
Gold Grandstand - 3 Day Pass
3-day reserved grandstand seating directly over the action in Pit Lane. 3-day Champ Car Paddock admission and the opportunity to purchase a VIP Pit Walk Thru (see VIP Pit Walk Thru below).
$120.00 per ticket Discounted Price
Silver Grandstand - 3 Day Pass
3-day reserved grandstand seatings with a choice of different vantage points of the race track. 3-day Champ Car Paddock admission.
$100.00 per ticket Discounted Price

Car Club Package Proposal
Minimun 100 ticket purchase(Silver or Gold)
Package includes:
50 parking spaces or (1) parking space per 2 tickets purchased
Additional tickets purchased over 100 must be done in incriments of 20
*Clubs will be given exclusive area to display their cars on the green, adjacent to the Guadalupe River.
*Clubs will be given exclusive gathereing picnic area adjecent to the guadalupe River.
Individual souvenir packeage with option to buy a jacket exclusively designed for your Club participants at a discounted rate.
*Now that there is a new track layout the new location has not been determined.

Contest for Parade Lap
Top three clubs with the most tickets purchased will receive a 2 parade laps*, on the track for their members at the end of race activities on Friday and Saturday evening.
*Upon the conclusion of the parade laps the cars will need to exit the track permanently.(access to the green will not be possible after the parade lap)

I'd like to gauge everyone's interest in this before I procede. let me know who would like to attend:

I am going, with 4 friends in fact. But I was planning on taking the train as leaving the parking lot of events like this can be no fun. You can spend a half hour just getting to the parking lot exit.

Chip

Does the revised route pass by any of the major hotels downtown? Might consider renting a block of rooms overlooking the route - that might be the best way to go...

The local news reported that almost all the hotel rooms for that weekend are already booked. Any that have a view are long gone from what they reported.

Back