• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sat...April 26th

Coz

Legendary Member
Sat...April 26th we are going to race ready 3 cars for a 2 day track event at Spring Mountain in Pahrump, NV on May 1-2.

Making the DeTomaso Pantera's chaise me :biggrin:

Bleed systems, change brake pads and make sure everything is tight kinda day.

We'll do a BBQ as well.....

12:00 PM to 5:00 PM.......
You're all welcome.

Hi Jim
You know I'll come by and help out, Hopefully a lot more poople will come out just to say hey! and have soime BBQ, shoot the breeze etc....should be loads of fun!

Yea, just a casual thing....
We're going racing
See you then if not before then....

Hi Jim
You know I'll come by and help out, Hopefully a lot more poople will come out just to say hey! and have soime BBQ, shoot the breeze etc....should be loads of fun!

Last edited:
Jonathan,
Bring what you need Jonathan...You can use the rack and do it while your here.

Sounds good i'll be there. I'll probably leave a little earlier because I have to swap out my tranny fluid.
Looking forward to it
~Jonathan

Gotta cancel this Tech Session. Moving my shop....
More later...

Hey Frank...

No, not at my shop. But I have a guy next door to Bullet Alignment (also a great alignment shop) that does great work and very reasonable prices. His business cards at my shop, I will post his info tomorrow. That's all he does is tires and wheels.
Great guy, does all my work tire wise.

Was going to move, but ended up staying where I'm at for now. But I got out of the hugh retail space and the extra 3 grand a month it was costing me, don't need it, don't want it. I was going to move into an industrial space. But I'm staying in the actual shop part for now. Moving would have been a bitch.

The changes I've made to AAP is I have gone to a full private shop by appointment only. I'm not interested in everyday maintenance issues unless it's timing belts or something more. I would rather do engine out stuff on the NSX, build GT40's and continue restoring Pantera's.

I have 2 total restoration Pantera projects going on right now and 2 NSX total restorations going on, 1 of which is a full race car. Starting in July, I am going to start assembling GT-40's. Most likely the ERA kits for owners.

I'm lucky enough to have enough project's going that everyday general business is more of a pain in the a** than it's worth. I have much less overhead...And....I can pick my own hours. With the heat coming, my summer hours will be late afternoons into the nights.

I'd rather give my attention to few project's over a period of time and continue to produce great cars as I have in the Pantera community for the last 10 years, just add the GT-40's for complete assembly and the NSX since I have one, drive it everyday and track it :)

This is going to give me more time for my NSX, where I'm taking it and weekends away so I can start tracking/racing more.

Chris help me out when I needed it. There's a lot to be said for that after the exchanges we've had, it's something that I respect a lot and respect Chris for doing. He was nothing but a gentleman when I needed his help. I'm glad to be talking to Chris again.

Chris has got a great shop and the guys he has turning the wrenches and working inside sales are really great guys.

You're welcome to stop by Frank and say hello. It would be good to meet you.

Call first to make sure I'm there...I'll be gone from Wednesday next week until Monday racing at Spring Mountain with the Pantera's, and coordinating/directing some of the POCA yearly Pantera Convention activities in Vegas.

Thanks for noticing Frank.

Jim - do you do tires at your shop?

And what's the scoop on the move?

PS - great to hear SOS and you guys are helping each other.

Last edited:
Coz,

Is your buddy's alignment shop experienced in four wheel alignment on NSX's? How about the reduced tire wear specs? I've been looking for a good alignment shop near Tucson for a while. My car pulls a little to the right and I'd like to get it taken care of.

-Matt

Matt,

Eddie Papano owns Bullet Alignment and is a very good friend of mine. I wouldn't trust anyone else with any of my alignments. Eddie is extremely experienced at high performance alignments, whether it be 2 or 4 wheel. Eddie does many, many high performance street and race cars. It's not uncommon to see street and race Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and Porsches in his shop all the time. If you tell him I sent you over, he will do your 4 wheel alignment for $80.00. Call him first to set up an appointment. He's booked up most of the time 3 to 4 weeks in advance. But he always promises me that if it's someone I send to him, he will make the time and get you in within a day or 2, and he always has with anyone I've sent to him.

As for your tire wear, if your talking about the rear tires, it's a trade off. The more negative camber you run on the rear, the faster the tire wear but the better handling you'll have. Less negative camber, the longer your tires will last and less handling. So the set up just depends on what your looking for in the way of handling.

If I'm doing a lot of tracking, I keep my negative camber at anywhere from 2.7 to 3.2. Needless to say, I go through more rear tires. If I'm not doing a lot of tracking, I will have Eddie bring the camber down to 2.0 for the street and my rear tires last 3 times as long.

The fronts last a lot longer. With my higher negative camber on the rears, I go through 4 sets of rears to 1 set of fronts.

I'm running Falken 452's at this point. It's the first set of Falkens I've tried. I have 2 days of racing coming up next week at Spring Mountain, so I'll see how they do then. So far I like the way they grip and I like the feedback I'm getting from them on the street. I'll see what happens on the track when I push to the limits of my abilities :)

Here's Eddie's info.
Bullet Alignment
717 S. Hacienda Drive
Suite 108
Tempe, AZ 85281

The tire shop I told Frank about is in the same complex next door to Eddie.

Eddie is a great guy and a brother...

Hope this helps you....
Jim

Coz,
Is your buddy's alignment shop experienced in four wheel alignment on NSX's? How about the reduced tire wear specs? I've been looking for a good alignment shop near Tucson for a while. My car pulls a little to the right and I'd like to get it taken care of.

-Matt

Matt,

Eddie Papano owns Bullet Alignment and is a very good friend of mine. I wouldn't trust anyone else with any of my alignments. Eddie is extremely experienced at high performance alignments, whether it be 2 or 4 wheel. Eddie does many, many high performance street and race cars. It's not uncommon to see street and race Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and Porsches in his shop all the time. If you tell him I sent you over, he will do your 4 wheel alignment for $80.00. Call him first to set up an appointment. He's booked up most of the time 3 to 4 weeks in advance. But he always promises me that if it's someone I send to him, he will make the time and get you in within a day or 2, and he always has with anyone I've sent to him.

As for your tire wear, if your talking about the rear tires, it's a trade off. The more negative camber you run on the rear, the faster the tire wear but the better handling you'll have. Less negative camber, the longer your tires will last and less handling. So the set up just depends on what your looking for in the way of handling.

If I'm doing a lot of tracking, I keep my negative camber at anywhere from 2.7 to 3.2. Needless to say, I go through more rear tires. If I'm not doing a lot of tracking, I will have Eddie bring the camber down to 2.0 for the street and my rear tires last 3 times as long.

The fronts last a lot longer. With my higher negative camber on the rears, I go through 4 sets of rears to 1 set of fronts.

I'm running Falken 452's at this point. It's the first set of Falkens I've tried. I have 2 days of racing coming up next week at Spring Mountain, so I'll see how they do then. So far I like the way they grip and I like the feedback I'm getting from them on the street. I'll see what happens on the track when I push to the limits of my abilities :)

Here's Eddie's info.
Bullet Alignment
717 S. Hacienda Drive
Suite 108
Tempe, AZ 85281

The tire shop I told Frank about is in the same complex next door to Eddie.

Eddie is a great guy and a brother...

Hope this helps you....
Jim

Huge second ^ Eddie is a VERY knowledgeable individual. After putting my car on the rack he pointed a handful of things he noticed (some not suspension related). Good guy and knows a lot about cars. So far the 300zx handles like a best .

Hey Jim if you end up moving let me know if you need a hand!

Thanks Jonathan....
Not moving for awhile...but as always, you're always welcome to stop by and it's always great seeing you. Call before stopping out since my hours vary there now. You have all my phone numbers :)

Thanks Jim,

Great info. I'll give him a call and take a drive up from Tucson. I would also like to stop by for a tech session....Do the Phoenix NSX ever do drives? The Tucson folks don't.....at least I haven't heard.

-Matt

My pleasure Matt. Be sure to stop by and say hello when you're out here.

Thanks Jim,
Great info. I'll give him a call and take a drive up from Tucson. I would also like to stop by for a tech session....Do the Phoenix NSX ever do drives? The Tucson folks don't.....at least I haven't heard.
-Matt

Back