• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saturday, August 29th @ VIR

I have heard from two possible participants, but doesn't seem to be much interest in a trip to VIR to either participate or observe the MazdaDriverS event.

Please let me know ASAP any additional interest in attending. Plan would be to depart Raleigh area about 8:30 am to arrive VIR about 10 am.

All Raleigh area NSX owners, see below the information about track days at VIR and the invitation to participate with the Mazda DriverS. I inquired through Jason about the possible attendance by NSX owners who prefer not to track their cars. As you can see they will accomodate us. For those who do want to track their cars, Dave has provided a link for registering.

FYI, Russ and I attended a similiar event hosted by Mazda DriverS in June and had a great time. We both took our cars out on the track during the parade laps. Jason road shotgun with me and gave me some insight into the track and negotiating the various corners. VIR is a great course.

Let me know if there is interest in attending on Saturday, August 29th and I will organize a caravan up and back. It's approximately a 1 1/2 hour trip through some nice country.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by mda registrar
Jason,

Thanks for the post.

Yes, a dozen NSX folks or more may park together in the paddock. Be conscientious of gear already laid out in the paddock for those participants that may be on the track and park in empty spots. The paddock is huge, plenty of room.

If your NSX folks arrive before 11:30 on Saturday, they may join in our Parade Laps around noon. Parade Laps allow for interested parties to actually drive their car on the track itself, behind a pace car at normal highway speeds. Helmets are not required and passengers are allowed during Parade Laps.

In the afternoon, I can arrange for Instructors to take out NSX interested parties at speed. Rental helmets are available and long cotton pants are required. Those interested would need to check in at the MazdaDriverS.com awning and sign the insurance waiver.

It used to be that spectators would be turned away on private track events. Individuals would need to say you are a MazdaDriverS participant or it appears VIR may allow additional people in for $10/car. The small fee is something new this year. All entrants to VIR have to sign VIR insurance waiver at the main gate.

Event details at www.MazdaDriverS.com

Regards,
Dave
[email protected]

just to clarify, i can also take passengers for ride-alongs on thu and fri. if you've never been on track at speed this is a must-do experience! long shirts and pants are usually required so dress accordingly, and i have a second helmet that folks can borrow.

Last edited:
I will be there on-track (Saturday only) as well. I'd be happy to give ride-alongs if the organizers permit me. Otherwise I can help hook you up with an instructor ride.

I'd also be happy to ride with anyone in their NSX during the parade laps to give pointers, etc. if asked.

John,

where are you guys meeting up to caravan up to VIR? My car is back up and running again, so can probably head up this weekend. If the caravan is a scratch, I'll just meet you all up at the track.

Tim

We had 3 NSXs on-track today : VBNSX, DCNSX and jtower. Four, if you count Russ and his wife, who did parade laps at lunchtime.

Another great day at the track- started out raining in Chapel Hill but we didn't have a drop at VIR. it was HOT there.

As usual, there were a bunch of nice cars there: Mazdas, of course, P-Cars, Bimmers, several Z06s, a couple of Vipers and Panoz's and an F355 race car.

Back