• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saturday Sept 8th Dinner & Cruise in Malibu: Union of NSX's & Nor/Socal S2000s

Saturday Sept 8th Dinner & Cruise in Malibu: Union of NSX's & Nor/Socal S2000s

Hi everyone!

Premise: On Sept 8th there will be an event hosted by Honda in Torrance, an owners appreciation event for s2ooo owners.

Purpose, "What it has to do with you": I am hosting a small gtg in the evening for the norcal group who are caravaning into socal, and would like to try to gather a small 'welcoming' group, thereby uniting an eclectic gathering of both north and south, NSX's n S2K's.

so if you would like to spend an pleasant evening with an appreciative crowd, with a wine list to satisfy the oenaphile, dinner that will delight even the most critical of connoisseurs, please join as i will serve as a guide thru some of the most beautiful (and twisty) roads along the beachside mountain canyons southern california has to offer.

The Drive location: Malibu Canyons in the Santa Monica Mountains.

Dinner : details i will update in september as the date comes closer. count on a 6 or 7 Pm dinner, reservations are a must for a larger group, so please confirm interest as an accurate headcount will be need. full details will be pm-ed/emailed the weekend of. Italian French cuisine. Am sure a white truffle risotto should be in season :)

You will not be disappointed. This will be easily accessible to all, even those who stay in orange county *cough-eddie*, valencia *cough simon-gene* and wherever you all hide your beautiful cars. Will provide maps/directions from your location, just PM and you shall receive. I will be at Honda with the s2ooo's until midafternoon, and will arrange for either a small caravan out of Torrance as well as provide a meet point for those who wish to join at a later time.

Hope to see you there!

1)NSX1
2)SimonS2K
3)NSXB
4)ediddynsx
5)pierceman

Kind Regards,

-W-

Last edited:
Re: Saturday Sept 8th Dinner & Cruise in Malibu: Union of NSX's & Nor/Socal S2000s

The event is for the S2000. It wouldn't be right for us NSX's to crash the party...

Re: Saturday Sept 8th Dinner & Cruise in Malibu: Union of NSX's & Nor/Socal S2000s

The event is for the S2000. It wouldn't be right for us NSX's to crash the party...

Hi PoohBear!

allow me to clarify :) the Homecoming event itself during the morning to midaftering is attracting norcal S2ks, and as a token of hospitality, i'd like to invite them to socal on a dinner/cruise, something apart from what is already being planned on the massive scale..

what i am extending to all you fine people, is that you guys join us for the dinner and drive, which is completely seperate from the event itself. this is simply, a small quiet gathering of people who 1) love food & drink. 2) love their cars n to drive them.

hope this helps! and you are welcome to join.:)

this is simply, a small quiet gathering of people who 1) love food & drink. 2) love their cars n to drive them.

As long as they don't love to drink and drive at the same time! :wink:

Semno NSX : No worries! DD's if anyone gets out of control, friends don't let friends drive drunk :) we all like to keep our cars "dent free". :)

Steve: It'd be wonderful to have you! We'll finally be able to sit and talk for once, at a proper dining table rather than simply on a camping chair hehe (love those foldout chairs tho) How've things been?

Hi everyone!

Premise: On Sept 8th there will be an event hosted by Honda in Torrance, an owners appreciation event for s2ooo owners.

Purpose, "What it has to do with you": I am hosting a small gtg in the evening for the norcal group who are caravaning into socal, and would like to try to gather a small 'welcoming' group, thereby uniting an eclectic gathering of both north and south, NSX's n S2K's.

so if you would like to spend an pleasant evening with an appreciative crowd, with a wine list to satisfy the oenaphile, dinner that will delight even the most critical of connoisseurs, please join as i will serve as a guide thru some of the most beautiful (and twisty) roads along the beachside mountain canyons southern california has to offer.

The Drive location: Malibu Canyons in the Santa Monica Mountains.

Dinner : details i will update in september as the date comes closer. count on a 6 or 7 Pm dinner, reservations are a must for a larger group, so please confirm interest as an accurate headcount will be need. full details will be pm-ed/emailed the weekend of. Italian French cuisine. Am sure a white truffle risotto should be in season :)

You will not be disappointed. This will be easily accessible to all, even those who stay in orange county *cough-eddie*, valencia *cough simon-gene* and wherever you all hide your beautiful cars. Will provide maps/directions from your location, just PM and you shall receive. I will be at Honda with the s2ooo's until midafternoon, and will arrange for either a small caravan out of Torrance as well as provide a meet point for those who wish to join at a later time.

Hope to see you there!

Kind Regards,

-W-

Dinner, wine, cool people, Hondas, canyon carving.......hmmm....you think I'd be interested? :wink:

Sounds like fun Wendy, are you cooking??? I'll start clearing up my schedule now, sounds like it would be a nice nite.

Dinner, wine, cool people, Hondas, canyon carving.......hmmm....you think I'd be interested? :wink:

was wondering when you'd respond... actually, come to think of it, i thought you only like pomegranite juice? wine, i dont think ive ever even seen you go near a bottle.. :tongue: hey, are you going to the torrance gathering? if so, we should caravan down. bust the party with ur bro's car lol.

how've you been? LTNS!! up in the bay area right now, been here for two weeks, its gorgeous. helped my brother pick his first condo/ hes finally a homeowner. BEAUTIFUL space.. mmh, i want to move in. lol.

Sounds like fun Wendy, are you cooking??? I'll start clearing up my schedule now, sounds like it would be a nice nite.

oolah! i would cook if not for the fact we'll have a much much MUCH better qualified chef to make the dinners :) i think we're going to have to go to my favorite place that i don't believe i've shared with anyone on any forum yet...

this should be really fun, really looking forward to sharing the gems in our backyard.

Sounds like fun....will try to make it. Thanks for the invite. ;)

was wondering when you'd respond... actually, come to think of it, i thought you only like pomegranite juice? wine, i dont think ive ever even seen you go near a bottle.. :tongue: hey, are you going to the torrance gathering? if so, we should caravan down. bust the party with ur bro's car lol.

how've you been? LTNS!! up in the bay area right now, been here for two weeks, its gorgeous. helped my brother pick his first condo/ hes finally a homeowner. BEAUTIFUL space.. mmh, i want to move in. lol.

The Honda event is on a Sat. I work Sat mornings 'till noon-ish, so prob not.

I've been good. Things good with you? Congrats to your bro's new home.

Sounds like fun....will try to make it. Thanks for the invite. ;)

you best be there eddie, if you know whats good for you. :wink: lol no forreals tho, it'd be really awesome to have your company, please come!

ok simon, we'll just have to uh. meet up the restaurant then? im sure you can guess which one hehe

so far thats.

1)NSX1
2)SimonS2K
3)NSXB
4)ediddynsx

theres 4 commited so far to this from the norcal forum, *havent even posted in socal yet lol* and another half dozen who may come down for the drive that would join us should they make the caravan. that would put the number at a healthy dozen cars and more to join :D

Semnos were you interested? poohbear? couldnt tell from your responses if you're just being shy heh.

pierceman is in, hi DJ!!!!! how are you. burger time on wednesday!!!!!!! btw car is on the rack now getting the RPS put in wooohooo.
MAtt

pierceman is in, hi DJ!!!!! how are you. burger time on wednesday!!!!!!! btw car is on the rack now getting the RPS put in wooohooo.
MAtt

Hi Matt!!!! how've you been? glad to hear that your car is almost complete, have pictures up somewhere? "?" will you be alone or with guests? i'll add you to our list, glad you'll be there! :) will update everyone with details as to which restaurant, still hoping to get the one in santa monica *seating limit is 12 for the special room im reserving at restaurant #1, if theres more that that then i'll switch to choice #2.

Welcome back Wendy....please make sure the parking will be good and safe for the cars.

oh yes parking, ill arrange it so that we can all self park in their lot *altho they will still charge the valet "fee", and preferably within the same group* :x is everyone ok with that? worse comes to worse we can park in a neighborhood and walk a few blocks.. parking in SM/Malibu is insane sometimes, so if the group gets to be more than 12, then will go to the 2nd restaurant..

If that is the case I will bring my daily. :smile:

Update! *skip next paragraph if you just want the short version*

the GPW was lent to my brother as of this morning to return to the bay area, as we try to finish his suspension this week. the main bolt that held the shock to the control arm was so rusted, that not only did it snap as we tried to unbolt it, it also did not yield to drill bits, reverse drills in hopes of pulling the damn thing out, nor prying/pounding even after the shock itself was cut out. wd-40 couldnt touch it. the other rear shock bolt would not budge even with power tools, so our only solution is to also cut the other shock, take out the arm and remove the bushing by having them pressed out, replace the parts, then finish installing the teins. hopefully, this will not take entirely too long, but seeing as 1) its labor day. 2) ordering parts for a 96 del sol will take a few days, at best two. and 3) having to deliver the vehicle back to SF to reclaim my own, will most likely take beyond this weekend.

what this means for you: i will not be able to host this event. 1) no car. 2) physically, will not be here. my apologies, will have to reschedule this dinner/drive for another time.

No problem, cya next time.

Disappointed :frown: Looking foward to next time :smile:

They won't let NSX'r in at the gate anyways. I have asked to see if nsx can show up but it was a NO! There's going to be over 600+ s2k and guiness book of records will be there to take pictures for being one of the largest meet.

So my solution, I went out and bought an S2k just to attend the event.

heheh

Back