• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Science of Speed Sport Clutch

Oh, and I should mention that.....the SOS clutch is also 19 pounds lighter on an NA2 (11 on NA1). :biggrin:

I love my SOS sport clutch. After going through a number of dual disk OEM clutches, I quickly placed an order after SOS introduced its single disk sport clutch. And I wasn't disappointed. It offers OEM drivability but aftermarket stregth and durability. And the the lightweight flywheel is icing on the cake. A great product.

Thanks Chris!

How many OEM clutches did you go through? :confused:

How many OEM clutches did you go through? :confused:

I am trying to forget but.......when my snap ring snapped and I upgraded to JDM close ratio gears and a Type R diff about four years ago, I replaced my clutch since it had ~70k kilometres on it. The "tech" (and that is being generous) at the dealership didn't know what he was doing and that clutch failed in 13 months due to his bad installation. He subsequently "left" the dealership.

A different tech installed the next clutch and it worked fine but it rattled when the clutch pedal was depressed. So Acura replaced it under warranty. I also had a number of parts such as the clutch fork replaced at the same time to be sure the rattle was cured.

That clutch also worked fine - and didn't rattle - but eventually gave up its life while I was at the track. Who knew I could be hard on clutches? :confused: I usually get >150k kilometres from a clutch and that includes plenty of time spent on the track.

In light of that, I decided I needed something more robust. That is when I got the SoS Sport Clutch and I have not had a moment of anxiety since.

So I am on my fifth clutch, with the first four being OEM dual disc clutches. Ouch. :rolleyes:

I am trying to forget but.......when my snap ring snapped and I upgraded to JDM close ratio gears and a Type R diff about four years ago, I replaced my clutch since it had ~70k kilometres on it. The "tech" (and that is being generous) at the dealership didn't know what he was doing and that clutch failed in 13 months due to his bad installation. He subsequently "left" the dealership.

A different tech installed the next clutch and it worked fine but it rattled when the clutch pedal was depressed. So Acura replaced it under warranty. I also had a number of parts such as the clutch fork replaced at the same time to be sure the rattle was cured.

That clutch also worked fine - and didn't rattle - but eventually gave up its life while I was at the track. Who knew I could be hard on clutches? :confused: I usually get >150k kilometres from a clutch and that includes plenty of time spent on the track.

In light of that, I decided I needed something more robust. That is when I got the SoS Sport Clutch and I have not had a moment of anxiety since.

So I am on my fifth clutch, with the first four being OEM dual disc clutches. Ouch. :rolleyes:

Sorry that I made you re-live that experience:redface:

I love my SOS sport clutch. After going through a number of dual disk OEM clutches, I quickly placed an order after SOS introduced its single disk sport clutch. And I wasn't disappointed. It offers OEM drivability but aftermarket stregth and durability. And the the lightweight flywheel is icing on the cake. A great product.

Thanks Chris!

+1

John

So would the SOS Sport Clutch work well with a non-FI '02 NSX?

Yes, definitely. More than half of the clutches out there are being used on stock cars. It's one clutch that is happy on either a factory or boosted NSX.

-- Chris

Back