• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

scorp965 (John)

Hi all and hi to Scorp965 (John)

Back in early November of 2007, I purchased a replica NSX-R wing from John for $900 USD shipped to Canada from the USA.

The package was shipped via Fedex ground with a Fedex ground tracking number. But Fedex ground messed up the shipping so badly. They tried to delivery the package to Anahiem, USA instead of Canada even though I phoned many times to tell them where the correct destination was.

After several failed attempts of delivery to an unknown address in Anahiem. Fedex returned the package to John. John could not locate the package at his residence even though the tracking information stated that the Fedex driver had dropped of the package at the door. John immediately called Fedex and within 20 minutes the driver showed up with the package.

John immediately noticed the box had a hole in it. John opened the package and confirmed that there was no damage to the spoiler. John braced the hole and the package was off to Fedex where Fedex said they would re package the package better and issure more packing material would be used.

Fedex then sent the package via Fedex air with a new Fedex air tracking number. Within a few a day the spoiler was in my hands. When I opened it up I noticed the spoiler was damaged. I notified John and Fedex. Fedex really wasted so much of my time and really delayed the process of claim because both Fedex Ground claim and Fedex Air claim were giving me the run around on which one to make a claim to. Added to the fact that I was getting transferred all over North America and was getting a new agent everytime I called.

At this point, John has been wonderful to work with. He has never 'dodged' me and has been great with his communication. John was very co operative with myself and was doing everything with Fedex to resolve the issues. He had kept me well informed with all his dealings with Fedex and what I should have ready for Fedex.

But through all of this, I had warned John that I would have to open a dispute on paypal because the 45 day window for opening a dispute was getting close. I told him that it was a formality that I had to do to protect myself and it had nothing to do with him. I ensured him that I felt that Fedex was completely in the wrong and that it had nothing to do with him. John has been outstanding with his communication. But it was something I had to do because I had product that was damaged.

John was not please with me opening a claim against him on paypal. I once again assured him it was against him but something that I simply had to do.

The Fedex claim started to progress in late early January. John said a new spoiler was going to be sent directly to me from the manufacturer. At this point I removed the dispute against John.

After speaking with Fedex. They had informed me that the claim had been settled with John. I asked John what he wanted to do with the damaged spoiler. He thought Fedex had picked it up but since they didn't. He told me I was free to do whatever I wanted with it.

The new spoiler arrived. I opened it up and I noticed that the replacement spoiler was damaged once again. The damage was no where near as bad as the first spoiler. But it till had noticeable damage from a quick visual inspection. There are other minor flaws with the spoilers that I can live with. but the cracking of the gelcoat/clear layer in various spots. I feel is unacceptable for a product that is suppose to be new.

Since the new spoiler has arrived. His communication has ceased. I PM'ed him 3x over a 3 week period to let him know about the damages to the new spoiler, asking him to respond, asking him to acknowlege that I recieved another damage product, and asking how he would like to proceed to with this.

He has yet to respond to me even though he is clearly making threads and posting on Prime.

this part is for you John

I am sorry John that I have had to make this thread. John your record as a buyer/seller has been outstanding. I truely did not want to take this path. I have given you ample time to respond to me but you chose not to.

At the end of all this John. You have been paid by myself. You have been paid out by Fedex. I have 2 spoilers that are damaged. I did pay, agree, or expected to get a product that is damaged. I expected a product to be free of damage and flaws.

I definitely want you to respond to this thread.

The first 3 are pictures of the damage of the 1st spoiler.

The 4th and 5th are pictures of the damage of the replacement spoiler.

I have more pictures from different angles to illustrate the damage of the replacement spoiler.

Attachments

• 111920071253.jpg
    111920071253.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 111920071308.jpg
    111920071308.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 111920071320.jpg
    111920071320.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 107
  • EdNsxWingDamage1_resize.jpg
    EdNsxWingDamage1_resize.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 125
  • EdNsxWingDamage6_resize.jpg
    EdNsxWingDamage6_resize.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 143
Well it sounds easy to me, why not just make a claim for the second one and get a third.
Or is it that you can't make the claim cause you didn't ship it....
So are you saying if Scorp would have gotten back to you and acknowledged that the second one was damaged and that you guys could have made another claim, perhaps you would have ended up with a third good one and everyone would have been happy?
Sounds simple to me.
Trev

Back