• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SD/OC Caravan to Prime Drive 6/11???

anybody want to caravan to the start of the canyon drive???

the usual meeting spot in OC???

Hi Mark, thanks for starting the thread! Here is what I did last year. I think it applies this year also.

Our usual meeting place is the Starbucks on the corner of Walnut and Culver in Irvine, at the north/west corner of Walnut and Culver Dr. just south of the 5 fwy.

O/C Location:
Walnut Village
14437 Culver Drive
Irvine, CA 92714
United States
949-857-2737

Meeting time: 6:00
Departure time: 6:15

Assuming that we have to be there by 8:15, we can get there by 7:45 and have 30 mins to get gas.

PM me if you need my cell phone number. In the past, it worked out really well picking up additional drivers along the way without stopping.

The route has not been set yet, but from Irvine, we are probably going to stay on 5N most of the way. If you are along the way, and would like to ride with us, please let me know. Stragglers are welcomed! :wink:

For the SD folks, yet another early morning drive.

Last edited:
cool....

although, I think we will probably be taking the 5N to ..........

new meeting place this year:redface:

Last edited:
Edit: removed general location requested by the organizer.

Let's just say that we'll be stay on 5 most of the way.

Last edited:
AndyH said:
How do I meet up with you guys without back tracking so much? 405 and beach is where I am at.

Hey Andy, sorry I didn't get a chance to say hi to you at the SCA meet today!

Coming from Beach/405 to the OC meeting point is around 15 miles. Or you can always meet up with us where 5 and 605 meet.

CDub and 91 X,

I will meet the crew in Irvine.

Ryan

I should be hooking up with you guys along the I-5 just around the I-5/SR22 interchange.

Chris, I'll PM you as we get closer to Sunday to get a better interception time window.

-Randy

Sounds good Randy. 22 is around 8 miles from Culver on fwy5. It'd be safe to be there 5 minutes after the departure time and you'll be fine.

I'll call you before we roll out of the parking lot. We can radio you as we approach 22. Glad you can join us. You are going to sport the big ass wing right? :wink:

CDub said:
Sounds good Randy. 22 is around 8 miles from Culver on fwy5. It'd be safe to be there 5 minutes after the departure time and you'll be fine.

I'll call you before we roll out of the parking lot. We can radio you as we approach 22. Glad you can join us. You are going to sport the big ass wing right? :wink:
CF NSX-R wing is coming off tomorrow, and big ass fat wing is going back on. :D

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the freeway. I'll have my radio and phone next to me. That part of the freeway is about 5 or 6 lanes wide. Should be a sight to see!!! :) Get those cameras ready.

Chris,

Since the Drive starting point is a different location (which I don't know yet), is 90 minutes too much time for the caravan up from OC? Or just about right?

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
Chris,

Since the Drive starting point is a different location (which I don't know yet), is 90 minutes too much time for the caravan up from OC? Or just about right?

-Randy

Frankly, I don't know the exact meeting time and location. All I know is that it is a bit closer to OC than last year's. I hope to get the info soon so that we can adjust the departure time accordingly.

May be you are right about 90 min being too early. But I'm just playing it safe.

should take about an hour from Irvine:redface: :biggrin:

Hint: Meeting point is close to the 5 and the 14 fwy interchange.
Exact meeting location will be given by RegUser on Saturday @ 8pm to those signed up to go :biggrin:

Just talked to ss_md. I think we should expect a 1.5 hour drive from the time we roll out of the Irvine parking lot. Going through LA downtown after 7 am on a sunday morning can go either way.:confused:

If we get there by 7:45, it'll give us 15 mins to fill up and half an hour to check in.

So the OC caravan departure time would remain unchanged at 6:15. Randy and Calvin will join us where FWY 5 and 22 meet around 6:25.

Any Idea about when you guys will be at the 5/605?

That is the best for me too!

I'll have my radio and may just wait on the sholder of the 5 just past the 605.

Just give me an approx. time:wink:

:cool:

Ca AGNSX said:

Being 26 miles away to 5 and 605, I'd imagine that we'll be there 6:40.

How's your arm?

Ca AGNSX said:

Hi Steve,

Let me know around where 5/605, I try to meet up with you

James

awsomr1 said:
Hi Steve,

Let me know around where 5/605, I try to meet up with you

James

James, are you sure you want to go from Racho Cucamonga to 605? You can always meet us at 134 and 5 to save you a few miles.

Just a suggestion.

Irvine Starbucks
1. 91 X
2. SilverBullet
3. Spike236
4. tbNSX
5. CDub

5 & 22
FuryNSX
Poohbear

5 & 605
AndyH ??
Ca_AGNSX
awsomri

CDub said:
James, are you sure you want to go from Racho Cucamonga to 605? You can always meet us at 134 and 5 to save you a few miles.

Just a suggestion.
James is now in Corona, so I suggested to him the 91 and the 5.

Back