• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Second annual “Cars & Cops” Car Show

Sunday May 20th, 2018 10am-4pm
2500 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL
Register @ www.cpdmemorial.org/carshow

As some of my fellow NSX owners know, I helped co-create an event called Cars & Cops. The show’s proceeds (from car registration and sponsorships) go directly to the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation which raises money for families of fallen officers. The recent murder of 018th District Commander Paul Bauer has made this show that much more meaningful in that our proceeds will help out his family financially without him to provide for them. Our booth in the Chicago Auto Show this past February to promote the show became a memorial to honor him. This show also funds the Get Behind the Vest program which helps officers offset the expensive costs we have to cough up every five years on our bulletproof vests (after 5 years, sweat, moisture and just being exposed to the elements cause the Kevlar material to deteriorate over time).

Last year’s show produced 240+ cars of all types spread over 10 judged car classes (10+ fellow NSX owners came out and supported me and my show - special thanks to you all), 5,000+ spectators rolling in and out the show, 3 food trucks, and raised over $17,000 for the foundation. Seeing an idea come to fruition and bring all these people together for a special cause was beyond humbling and touching. I am proud to serve as a member of the Chicago Police Department and be a part of something beyond routine patrol. I kindly ask if you would keep this event in your calendar, register if you can come, and enjoy a nice family oriented event with great people and cars.

Thank you NSX community for being such an impact on my life. This car has brought me places and introduced me to so many reaches of people I would not have met otherwise. Cheers and hope to see you there! Enjoy the nice weather!

Sal

Thanks Sal,

Great cause and happy to contribute/participate.

I signed up last week and am looking forward to it. I was registered last year and wasn't able to make it.

I was out of town for the event this morning and hope there was some NSX participation.

Back