• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Senna, May 1, 1994, Imola

We Remember... Senna, May 1, 1994, Imola

Today May 1st is the 19th year death anniversary of our beloved Ayrton Senna.

May he rest in peace.

541980_10151146454914782_37820774781_13429270_1988576014_n.jpg

ayrton_senna_wallpaper_3_by_johnnyslowhand-d3akf5o.jpg

Mclare03.jpg

Last edited:
it is a sad day, but...... your title reads " Senna, May 1, 1994, Imola " what does the paint code Imola have to do with Senna. they didnt have Imola in 1994.

its early in the morning so I may not be fully awake yet.

it is a sad day, but...... your title reads " Senna, May 1, 1994, Imola " what does the paint code Imola have to do with Senna. they didnt have Imola in 1994.

... Imola is the name of the track he died at.

It is indeed a sad day. I wonder how many of us are taking their car out today as a tribute to his wonderful work making the NSX what it is.

LOL Shawn... for being such an NSX fan you should watch some Senna footage. :)

RIP Ayrton Senna

Last edited:

Yes as some mentioned. Imola was the name of the track Senna died at.
Sorry for the confusion.

I don't want to sound too overly dramatic, but I can remember that day like it was yesterday. I was stationed in Germany and had tickets for the Hockenheim race fully expecting to see Senna once again. There are very few days that stick with you like that. I have been a fan since the mid-eighties and still to this day, like many of us, still watch the full length races that I have recorded. Ayrton, Thanks for the great memories and may you rest in peace.

As many of us saw lots of videos of his accident, somehow I missed this one.....

National Geographic has 5 episodes on Senna's accident. For those of you who'd never seen it.
F1 aero veteran - Frank Dernie explained it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayjOW5DnwgM

There has been no one like him since. RIP Ayrton. Thanks for the great memory. I saw him in Phoenix twice and his duel with Jean Alesi's Tyrrell.
What a driving god.

Last edited:
I washed my NSX this morning...and was thinking about that Senna washing NSX photo as I washed her.

921194_10201180263047904_1360238223_o.jpg

Last edited:
well that explains the Imola police. I stand corrected and I learned something today on prime.

I have watched tons of his races but never really remember the names of the tracks I guess I am not hard care enough I will correct this flaw
soon.

I was watching the race live as well.I just could not believe what happened!have that whole season on tape,some kids don't know what tape is or who Senna was,All sad!

not sure if this has been posted yet on prime, but:

edit: it has been posted, but still....

Last edited:
Drove mine like i stole it as a tribute! Just like the way Aryton drove that white one on the suzuka track, felt good!... :biggrin::smile:
RIP Senna!

Drove mine like i stole it as a tribute! Just like the way Aryton drove that white one on the suzuka track, felt good!... :biggrin::smile:
RIP Senna!

Yeah but did you wear the loafers like Senna...Did you heel-toe like Senna?? :tongue:

I'm a little late on this one but, what can be said that hasn't already? His determination, focus, and complete commitment to being fastest and winning championships was on a different level. I discovered Ayrton Senna in June of 1997-I was 18 and regret not learning of Formula 1 until I was laid-up in my house after having my wisdom teeth removed. My Dad drove me to Blockbuster video (remember those?) and I rented 3 games for my new Playstation-one was Formula 1 95 (didn't even know what F1 was), I can't remember the other 2. Coincidentally I had just bought my second car days before the surgery, a pristine Dr.-owned 94 Integra GSR with 18K on the clock and it would sit outside for several days (my teeth were impacted and my head swelled up like a turnip after they were removed). Inside, I was playing F1 and really getting into it. Coincidentally, I went downstairs to get some non-solid food in the afternoon, and my Dad had left ESPN on while he worked in his home office. They happened to be running a piece on F1 (still had the TV rights to it in 97) chronicling the greatest drivers, I sat down and watched. The last one was Senna but I went back upstairs to play before it was over-not knowing he had been killed. I recognized the different car teams from the game but when I went back upstairs to play, I couldn't find Senna as a driver in either the Williams or Mclarens that I had seen on TV. A day or two later and the latest Car & Driver shows up in the mail. On the bottom of the cover-"what killed Ayrton Senna?". I read the article, which at the time was also covering the manslauter trial in San Marino. It really was one of those chill-factor moments for me, and I ordered both VHS documentaries from a magazine ad: "Racing is in my blood" and "A star named Senna".

Now, I'm 34, and I wish I had started go karting when I was 4! I think of Senna in some way almost everyday. In my 91 NSX, on the top right center vent, resides a yellow Senna helmet pin as a tribute to the lead development driver for these amazing sports cars and the Honda engineers that made it all possible. Has anyone here ever met anyone that had to do with Senna? I have twice-once on 05 at a Lotus Club International meet here and last month at Putnam (my first outing in the NSX on track).

We Remember today, 26 years ago.

Old video bit a nice tribute of Topgear.
Watch "Ayrton Senna | Top Gear Tribute" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/9U_K76vPGYo

Sent from Samsung Note8

Last edited:
Back