• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should have made it a Blockbuster night...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081228/ap_on_re_us/movie_noise_shooting

While I would never take it NEARLY this far, I do understand where he (the shooter) is coming from. Going out to the movies is nearly unbearable now. It's either screaming babies, cell phone conversations, teenagers running up and down the aisles, or any combination of the three. What happened to the ushers? I'm tired of paying $11.50 only to have constant interruptions from inconsiderate morons that have no decency.

On the other hand, that new Brad Pitt movie must be REALLY good! :rolleyes: :smile:

Yeah, because of inconsiderate people, we don't go to the movies anymore unless it's something that we REALLY want to see. Otherwise, we just play it later on the big screen at home.
Point: get a home theater. It's great!

My local theatre here in Japan is always deathly silent, except when foreigners are there. Strange huh?:redface:

Last edited:
My local theatre here in Japan is always deathly silent, except when foreigners are there. Strange huh?:redface:

I believe you. I think it is a cultural thing about politeness and respect for other people. I was raised the same way: no talking at all in theaters.

I dated a girl that would always talk during movies. It was terrible. She would actually talk to the characters on screen. I was always embarrassed and tried to avoid movies. Needless to say, it didn't work out.

When I went to watch the Curious Case, some guy kept asking people for movie ticket stubs while the movie was playing. During the first 5 minutes, he asked the guy in front of me, then me and then he left.

Then he came back 15 min later and asked some girl in our row 5 seats over. I kept hearing some "shhh's" from other people. I didn't say a word to him, but I was getting ready to protect myself and my girl if it came to it as the guy did not look right--he looked like a meth addict.

I didn't get why he wanted stubs so bad. He was already in the theater. Plus we were at the Archlight where they have arranged seating, so our stubs wouldn't have helped him if an usher actually asked to see his tickets. The guy was just weird, like he was high or mentally ill.

The movie itself was great. It is one of my favorite of all time now. But it seems to attract weirdos, so bring a can of pepper spray or whoop ass.

I saw that guy's mugshot on CNN. Typical looking Jersey-type, wannabe Soprano character, and to add to the stereotype, he pulled the gun out of his sweatpants. Who the hell wears sweatpants?

I understand the frustration about people yapping during a movie but there is no reason to shoot them. As with everything else in this country, you can complain to someone who works at the place and they will take care of it. I've gotten teenagers kicked out of a movie before.

I believe you. I think it is a cultural thing about politeness and respect for other people. I was raised the same way: no talking at all in theaters.

Nail on the head

I dated a girl that would always talk during movies. It was terrible. She would actually talk to the characters on screen. I was always embarrassed and tried to avoid movies. Needless to say, it didn't work out.

worse if she expected an answer!

When I went to watch the Curious Case, some guy kept asking people for movie ticket stubs while the movie was playing. During the first 5 minutes, he asked the guy in front of me, then me and then he left.

At least you didn't get shot, i gotta check this movie out

:smile:

Last edited:
Regarding ticket stubs.. that's an easy one. He's trying to sneak people in.

AND I GUARAN-DAM-TEE you, they don't make noise in the theater anymore...

Last edited:
This didn't surprise me at all. For decades now (in CA) we have had idiots shooting each other for looking at each other the wrong way. So by those standards, someone talking during a movie is a serious felony and apparently worthy of shooting (if you are a complete moron loser who should spend a decade in prison for an attitude adjustment).
My wife and I rarely go to the movies -average 1 time per year and then during the first movie of the day at like 11:00 am to minimize the idiot factor.
Our society is just out of control.

So I take it you haven't been to wall mart lately? :confused:

Woman. Mostly skanks; but you get the occasional hippo soaked in sweat from the long trip between the front door and children's clothing.

...and the track pants never seem to be the appropriate size to their weight. Always leaves too little to the imagination. *shudder*:redface::smile:

Back