• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal Gathering at Autowave - Huntington Beach, CA - Friday Evening 9/24/04

hi all --

We'll be having an informal gathering at Autowave in Huntington Beach, CA on Friday 9/24/04 starting at 6:00pm. Shane, Ron, and Michael are hosting a "meet and greet" to demonstrate their in-house dyno and tuning capability.

On display will be ScienceofSpeed Stage 2, 3, and 3+ tuned NSXes. Autowave will also have on display Ron Warnick's Grigio Alloy wide body in which they are in the process of tuning a Comptech supercharger with AEM's EMS system. Shane and Michael would be happy to answer any questions you have on dyno testing, tuning, the EMS, or any other NSX related service questions you may have. We'll also be answering any questions you may have on our natural aspiration tune products.

We're planning on meeting at Mario's Fiesta Restaurant there after at 7:30-8:00pm. Steve Riter is planning this with the restaurant. The time and place may be subject to change, so please stay tuned to this thread. What we do need is an RSVP by Wednesday the 22nd. Please post to let us know if you will be attending for dinner as well. Steve will make reservations based on this.

Thanks, and hope to see you there!

Cheers,
-- Chris

Autowave:
17122 Gothard St
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Tel: 714-841-2433

Mario’s Fiesta Maya Restaurant:
17221 Beach Blvd
Tel: 714-375-6292

Last edited:
Arrgh! I'm flying up to see my son at Berkeley that weekend.... Chris, check out my car while you're there.

Regards,

I'm in . . .

It will be my wife and I for dinner as well.

Last edited:
im going to try to come as long as i can get my ballast so i have 2 headlights.

Last edited:
I got my car back from the expert hands of Jon Martin of Southbay Acura last week.

I got it back with the Stage II SOS kit, Apex'i grounding kit, stainless steel lines, all new seals, and a cleaned up engine and undercarriage.

It will be dyno'ed at this event. My 92 with H/E baselined at 258whp at Autowave.

I've been having a blast ripping through redline in second and third gear - all the way up to an indicated 8600RPMs! The SOS ECU cuts out at 8300 so I guess my tach is a bit off. :) The car now rips through the revs in VTEC . The car also feels more responsive in the low and mid RPMs.

Unfortunately, I won't be at the event.

Chris,

I'm in too. I have a CTSC with the AEM EMS now. Maybe I can compare with the other car. See you there as long as my wife gets back in time from her meeting.

Rod

ok fixed my headlight so ill be there.

hi guys -- Sorry, I didn't ask to specify if you'd be in for dinner as well. Can you please let us know? I'll have Steve make the reservation based on that count.

Seth & I are looking foward to seeing everyone.

Regards,
-- Chris

Hi Chris,

I plan to be there, but I won't be able to make it for dinner.

Will Autowave be conducting baseline dyno runs, and if so, how much will they charge?

Thanks,
Michael.

Chris; Thanks for the invite, SoCalX and I plan to attend for both events. Look forward to it. :cool:

Hi Chris,

Changed some flight plans. I'll be there with my daughter for the meet and dinner.

Regards,

Alright! Glad to hear you guys can make it.

Regarding the dyno for baselines, we'll probably be on it during the meet. However, if you want to call Shane at Autowave for a scheduling, they are very reasonable with their dyno rates.

Cheers,
-- Chris

My shcedules had changed, I will try to make it. Not for sure anymore.

I'm planning to attend and will bring my son. We are also tenative for dinner.

I'll be at Autowave, not sure about dinner.
Art

Chris@SoS said:
hi all --

We'll be having an informal gathering at Autowave in Huntington Beach, CA on Friday 9/24/04 starting at 6:00pm. Shane, Ron, and Michael are hosting a "meet and greet" to demonstrate their in-house dyno and tuning capability.

On display will be ScienceofSpeed Stage 2, 3, and 3+ tuned NSXes. Autowave will also have on display Ron Warnick's Grigio Alloy wide body in which they are in the process of tuning a Comptech supercharger with AEM's EMS system. Shane and Michael would be happy to answer any questions you have on dyno testing, tuning, the EMS, or any other NSX related service questions you may have. We'll also be answering any questions you may have on our natural aspiration tune products.

We're planning on meeting at Mario's Fiesta Restaurant there after at 7:30-8:00pm. Steve Riter is planning this with the restaurant. The time and place may be subject to change, so please stay tuned to this thread. What we do need is an RSVP by Wednesday the 22nd. Please post to let us know if you will be attending for dinner as well. Steve will make reservations based on this.

Thanks, and hope to see you there!

Cheers,
-- Chris

Autowave:
17122 Gothard St
Tel: 714-841-2433

Mario’s Fiesta Maya Restaurant:
17221 Beach Blvd
Tel: 714-375-6292

For all those who could not come, you missed a great time. The lot was packed with NSXs, owners/friends and even Honda Tuning was there snapping pics from the roof of Autowave. Dinner at Mario’s featured good food, great conversation, and a chance to meet many fellow Prime members.

Shane & Ron: Thanks for hosting the gathering. As an original owner of a 92 who has been tinkering since 1994, I've seen a fair share of tuners come and go, both in the NSX and the compact sports car market. Autowave is simply the best. Honest and reliable NSX service and after-market tuning, but most importantly, you have not over extended yourselves into the often treacherous world of specialty tuning.

Chris & Seth: I enjoyed finally meeting the two of you and seeing your awesome cars. As an “old schooler”, I’m happy to see young guns like you take the lead in modifications to our favorite sports car.

John Martin: It was great meeting you again, kind of like a mini reunion. Your knowledge of the NSX, from back in the day to now, and from both sides of the Pacific, is rare and valuable. Anyone thinking of seriously modifying their NSX needs to talk to Jon first.

Will: I’m very impressed my young friend. You’ve come a long way since the billet gas cap. I hand made a FRP air intake in 1994 that is very similar to your eventual AIS. You have my respect for coming up with a similar solution to the same problem. My daughter is still bugging to do the wide body conversion…

My regards to everyone that attended, and see you in December!

Back