• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoS harness and Pioneer AVIC double DIN....need some help.

I used 5 wires and 4 RCA's from the SOS harness on my 2005 NSX. It has been working just fine for the past 4 years.

Black = ground
Red = Switched
Yellow = Constant
Orange = Illumination (your screen will dim when you turn the lights on like the OEM radio
Blue = Power antenna/amplifier turn on. Don't get cute and leave this disconnected. I thought I was a genius by not having the hideous antenna go up any more but I also had no sound.

I used all 4 RCAs. I hooked them up to the 4 RCA speaker pre-amp outputs on the Pioneer. I have full control left-to-right, back-to-front, bass, treble; everything works. Leave the purple, green, white and grey wires on the Pioneer unit alone. Tape them off individually and do not use them.

I am the installer for SarcasticaLy's NSX. Having installed many, many stereos over the past 20 years, I can assure all of you of the limitations with integrating factory Honda amplifiers with aftermarket radios. TSX's, TL's, TSX's all have BOSE systems which, when you integrate with them, always end up with the problem of pops or whines. The only difference with the NSX is the fact that they have an 'active' amplification or basically an amplifier per speaker. Because the Bose speakers are a very low impedance of 1 ohm, this will cause pretty much all aftermarket decks to shut down due to thermal overload when the amplifier is bypassed. Using a ground loop isolator 'may' help with whine if present but it will not help with turn on/off pop.

I am not sure if a turn-on delay will solve this problem but historically, they haven't worked well for me.

I installed a pioneer double din deck in my NSX a couple of weeks ago and had the annoying pop during turn on / off. So I got some ground loop isolators and that took care of the problem. No more pops!

Wrong. I bypassed the amps and continued to use the same speakers and enclosures. But, once you have the doors opened up to bypass the amps, it might be a good time to optionally change the speakers and enclosures.

I'm not following this comment at all. How do you suggest he gets the amplified Pioneer outputs to the speakers without touching the speaker wires? You don't need to run new speaker wires to the doors .. but you do need to connect the Pioneer speaker output wiring to the OEM wiring via the SOS harness.

Bose speakers usually have the wrong impedance so they may work but usually sound like ass. Your amp might be able to crank out enough power to make the volume loud enough but from my experience ( not on nsx) it does not work and you'll have to change out the speakers to make it sound really good. I used the stock amps.

- - - Updated - - -

Bose speakers usually have the wrong impedance so they may work but usually sound like ass. Your amp might be able to crank out enough power to make the volume loud enough but from my experience ( not on nsx) it does not work and you'll have to change out the speakers to make it sound really good. I used the stock amps.

I forgot to mention, that I believe with the wrong impedance the speakers will be quitter than they should be if the amp was made for it. They do sound ok, mainly quiet. I would say most stock decks won't have the balls to run them but then again it was years ago when I last tried.

That's awesome. Thanks for the help u guys!
Turbo. I’m installing my new pioneer head unit I have 212 inch kicker comp ours 500 rsm each I just had my 1200 W amp fry out cause it got wet so I swapped with the weaker amp at 800 W I connected all the speakers with good connectors with the aftermarket wiring harness but also, there’s a harness that comes with the radio with rca cables for L/R subwoofers and also the door speakers. my F150 had that stock 8 inch sub which I disconnected in there. Am I supposed to be doing anything with the RCA wires for the speakers the door speakers? Any input would be appreciate it.

Back