• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Strange things you have driven

Nope- it was the Victorian Princess- http://www.victorianprincess.com/abouttheship.php

I used to be the hospitality manager (bar tender) on board for 3 years when I was in college. My best friend was the captain and since I was also certified as crew I would sometimes assume pilot duties if the Captain needed to use the head. I didn't do anything tricky like docking or anything, but I did drive that boat, as well as the yacht Empress which was the other boat in the fleet at that time.

I should also edit- the website says the VP is 112 ft, so my bad- I drove a 112ft stern wheel paddleboat :D

P

Very neat. I didn't see, how old is it?

Very neat. I didn't see, how old is it?

The VP isn't as old as she looks. She was built in by Skipperliner in Wisconsin in 1986.

The powerplant is a diesel running hydaulic pumps the turn the two wheels out back. The real tricky stuff was docking it in the wind. the Princess was basically a giant wedding cake floating on the water and she would catch the wind like a sail. She also didn't have any bow thrusters, so I saw Nate do some pretty impressive stuff getting the boat dockside and tied up.

P

Last edited:
Back