• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SubZero Cryo Rotors

vvs

Contributing Member
I received my first order of SubZero Cryo Treated Rotors. As promised here are some pics. The rotors pictured below are for S2000's.

I am also including more information about the rotors and the cryo treating process. If anyone has any questions please email, PM or call me.

NSX Pricing $475 plus shipping (plus tax if in FL.) PM for shipping quote. Shipping via Fed-Ex. Tracking # will be provided when shipped.
  • Includes a set of 4(front & rear) OEM replacement rotors.
  • Precision CNC Machined, Cross Drilled, Slotted, Nickel Plated & Cryo Treated Rotors.

I accept cash, credit card via Paypal & Paypal. There is a payment link on my webpage Sportcompactvalue.com for easy payment.

Order time is approx. 2 weeks once 50% deposit received. These are made to order.

James Luedde
Vehicle Valuation Solutions, Inc.
-Motorsports Division
[email protected]
813-495-4772

Info about the SubZero process:
You too may take advantage of the same Cryogenic enhancement developed by NASA and used by Nascar, Le Mans, INDY, IRL, CART, SCCA, NHRA, LEGENDS, AMA, WERA, ADBA, AHDRA, WKA, IKA & NKA teams around the world with tremendous results.

SubZero's Cryogenic Tempering Process, although derived from Conventional Deep Cryogenic Processing, has been developed over the last 10 years and has proven far more effective than conventional Cryogenics. The SubZero benefits have opened the doors to a variety of product enhancements and is perfect, in particular, for extending brake rotor durability by inconceivable margins - up to 300% and brake efficiency up an amazing 20%.

This process by SubZero is extremely cost-effective, adds a measurable degree of handling, safety and performance to all vehicle owners and is rapidly shaping the future of performance component design and production.

SubZero Rotors are a win/win value for the performance enthusiast.

A little info about cryo treating courtesy of TireRack:
Deep cryogenic treating is a one-time, homogenous process that permanently and dramatically improves the performance and useful life of metals in everything from brake rotors and performance engines to machine tools and gun barrels. Using a proprietary computer-controlled process, the metal is cooled slowly to deep cryogenic temperatures (-300°F), and slowly returned to room temperature, then heat-tempered as the final step. Computer technology allows the regulation of temperatures to 1 degree, accurately manipulating the Cryo treatment in accordance with the mass of the part it is being applied to.

Although not apparent to the naked eye, the improvements to the metal are significant. Deep cryogenic processing creates dramatic increases in abrasive wear resistance and durability. The increases in tensile strength, toughness and stability couple with the release of internal residual stresses.

How the Process Works

Deep cryogenic processing permanently refines the grain structure of metals at the atomic level. This creates metallurgically improved and stabilized rotors that have a more dense, smoother structure. As a result, you reduce heat and wear on brake rotors and pads.

Applications of Cryogenic Processing

Brake rotors, performance engines, transmissions, gun barrels, cutting and machine tools, stabilizing ferrous and non-ferrous metals.

subzero6recz0.jpg

subzero10rebi4.jpg

subzero4repj5.jpg

I used cryogenically treated rotors 10 years ago while racing in SCCA Showroom Stock. You could send your stock rotors and have the treatment done on them. It was one of those undetectible advantages that everyone looks for and I can honestly say made a difference in braking performance. Biggest difference though was that your rotors lasted much longer - that alone more than paid for the treatment. I can highly recommend these if you track your car with a stock brake set-up.

Thanks for the comments. In fact, these rotors are used quite often by those that race at Sebring. I know a few sets of these were sold to FL NSX owners in the past.

James

I have a 1991 with 1997 rotors and calipers. What size are these 282mm or 298-302mm?

Thanks.

Jon

These are exact OEM replacement. Same size as OEM. These will replace what you are currently running. I would just need to know if you are running 97+ rotors(like you did mention) so we order the correct ones.

13" rotors from the 97 and up = about 330 mm
12" from pre 97 = about 304mm

James

Are these in stock or 2 week lead time still?

Also, are there several sets out on NSXs right now. Wasnt really sure if these where new for you to sell and had been out for NSX already or this is a new product. Reason I ask is because the last 2 times I have gotten in early on a product there was problems, so looking for something with the bugs already worked out.

Thanks.

vvs said:
These are exact OEM replacement. Same size as OEM. These will replace what you are currently running. I would just need to know if you are running 97+ rotors(like you did mention) so we order the correct ones.

13" rotors from the 97 and up = about 330 mm
12" from pre 97 = about 304mm

James

?????????????????????
The front discs on the '97-up are 298mm
Also:
Why use the "poser" style drilled discs?
By drilling them they are weakened and prone to cracking when used under track conditions (I have had it happen myself when using top quality drilled/slotted discs on track, cracked completely through the disc)
Just about all disc manufacturers now advise against using drilled discs on track. Only exeption are discs with the holes cast in them like Porsche uses, and these too develop fine "hairline" cracks over time, but are supposed to be harmless to disc performance

rsevo6 said:
?????????????????????
The front discs on the '97-up are 298mm
Also:
Why use the "poser" style drilled discs?
By drilling them they are weakened and prone to cracking when used under track conditions (I have had it happen myself when using top quality drilled/slotted discs on track, cracked completely through the disc)
Just about all disc manufacturers now advise against using drilled discs on track. Only exeption are discs with the holes cast in them like Porsche uses, and these too develop fine "hairline" cracks over time, but are supposed to be harmless to disc performance

Thanks for posting, I was qoutinq in approximates I should have made myself more clear. When we order the rotors I just need to know pre 97 or post 97, you get the idea I hope. They are not ordered by mm, rather by year/make/model.

It is your choice, you can order the rotors slotted only or cross-drilled and slotted, same pricing. If you want blanks you can get those too. There is about a 3-4 week production time.

These are not new products. The rotors are produced by the same manufacturers that produce OEM and aftermarket rotors. It is what is done afterward when we get them in the Cryo treating process.

This is what sets these apart from other aftermarket rotors.

Make a post in the FL section and I am sure you should get some feedback. I think one member already posted his comments up above.

Thanks for the replies, I thought this forum was dead as compared to what I get on the S2000 forum.

Back