• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sunday Morning Meet and Drive (5-22)

Originally Xetronic proposed a Saturday drive but then it was changed to a Sunday morning drive so I thought I should make a new post with new title so others will know of the change.

So since the world didn't end let's celebrate the un-ending of the world and get together and do a drive and put our NSXs in the environment they enjoy.

Details:

Meet at 8am at the 580 Market Place in Castro Valley on Vastro Valley Blvd just east of the Grove/Crow Canyon intersection.

MeetingPoint.jpg

The Route:

The drive starts on Palomares Rd and then onto Niles Canyon Rd to Sunol and then onto Calaveras as we cruise by the Calaveras Reservoir and then onto Feller and then a couple city streets in San Jose (and possible refreshment break) as we make our way to highway 130 and begin our ascent up Mt. Hamilton. At the top another rest stop to enjoy the view and take a few pics. Then down the backside of the mountain and eventually onto Mines Rd where we will end up In Livermore where we can either hit the In-N-Out, cruise over to the RIDE meet at Umigo Indoor karting check out the import car show and get a few discounted karting laps in or head over to Buffalo Wild Wings in Dublin and meet up with Blurry NSX for a few wings where he will be glad to share tips on how to get your NSX into Import Tuner. :biggrin:

Check the Route with this link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...fdc0c54c8&z=10

Sunday Drive:
1. Dhalsim
2. Whhzbad
3. Aridon 99 (after a double shot Espresso)

Last edited:
Sunday Drive:
1. Dhalsim
2. Whhzbad
4. Smooth (will try to make it)

Sunday Drive:
1. Dhalsim
2. Whhzbad
4. Smooth (will try to make it)
5. Ryans

+1
Hope you don't mind a little Nissan tagging along. After Calaveras I'm going to swing a right back down to 680 to go home. Gotta get back to the family :)

sure.....bring it.....I'm sure you can hang with us.....even in that thing..:smile:

Have fun guys! I did this drive today... lots of fun and be sure to watch out for all the bicycles!

* Go slow over Cattle Grates.

** There are 2 location with a stream of water are flowing across the road on the second half of the drive.

*** There is a sheriff on duty on the road pass the Observatory.

**** Top Down is A MUST!!!!!

5745038397_da0216cc90_b.jpg

5745038335_c11d2e969d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you did the run. Thanks for the heads up on the water, grates and Sheriff.

How long did it take you?

I jumped in late but dang the fumes from you guys really got me dizzy. I was literally at the point I thought I was going to pass out. I stopped and turned around to get some fresh air.

actually the truth is you just couldn't hang with us................

well 2 other brave souls (Sung & Gil) decided to do this run up to Mt. Hamilton and down the backside. We set, should we say, an exciting pace up the mountain and managed to avoid a few cyclers. Took a break at the top and hussled down the back side and took Mines Rd. ending in Livermore. Then hit Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch.

Nice run guys. Here are a few pics from the Observatory and on the road.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Looks like I missed a great drive. I just HAD to pick this week to get my car serviced... :frown:

J

cool.....so that was you! I saw you parked there but when I went by it looked like a blue car so I didn't think it was you.

I live very close to Niles Canyon. I timed it perfectly because I was only waiting there for 1 minute. Do you still have your flip camera? That's what I used to tape this. Used my cell phone mount and mounted it to the windshield. Would look better outside the car and lower...would make it look faster.

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but I'm thinking about doing this run either this weekend or next weekend before the NSX goes down to SoCal permanently.

Any tips or things to avoid? Are there a lot of CHP or traffic down this route? What is the best time to drive this route? Any more info. would be helpful, thanks in advance.

David

Hey Dave.........I was actually thinking of doing this route (or maybe another) this Sunday.

I think its best to get out there early morning to avoid too much traffic. There were a few bicyclists when we last did this route but most were just on the beginning section.

We did come across one police car sitting on the side of the road early in the route (before the climb up Mt. Hamilton). But most of the time there was very little traffic and it was a nice drive.

We ended by stopping at Buffalo Wild Wings in Dublin for a beer and some great wings.

Start a new thread and post this on the FB site and see who else might want to come out.

Back