• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supercar Rally at Foxwoods Today 10/25/2009

We had an awesome day today up in the Connecticut Northwoods to help fight breast cancer. A total of 4 NSX’s showed up and participated in the show of more than eighty cars and the rally through the backwoods. There were all kinds of exotics from the Northeast. The roads were dry and the weather was absolutely beautiful.

I want to Thank SupercarRoadtrips.com and the people at Foxwoods for a spectacular day. I also want to Thank our own NSX people who participated in the event and the nice drive up the Merritt in the morning:

My wife Jeanne (for putting up with my aggressive driving on the Merritt), Simon & Andrea K, Dave & Brenda S, and Randy (who drove up with his burgundy Noble in the caravan with our NSX’s). Also met up with Dom & Jeanne from Mass. who were at the rally in their beautiful black NSX.

It was great seeing everyone again from our club and meeting a lot of new great people from the various other fine car clubs in the Northeast.

Here are a few preliminary pics that I took with my crappy little pocket camera. I will post more tomorrow for you guys. Wish you could have made it RSO.

DSC01482.jpg

DSC01508.jpg

DSC01504.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01485.jpg

DSC01484.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01499.jpg

DSC01503.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01481.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

More pics. Hey DocJohn, check out the Bumblebee man transformer by Dave's NSX! haha :biggrin:

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

DSC01557.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

if anyone says that the r8 is ugly after seeing this, you may need a new set of eyes.

+1
I'm getting tired of hearing that from some of my Gallardo and Viper friends back home.
With all those beauties in one event, this car drew a ton of attention and stood side-by-side right in there with the "best" of them!
And ........ performed well.

What made our day, was all of the attention being paid to our NSX's amongst this crowd. "Very nice people!" :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey Rich, forget about the RSO quality photos, you out Baily'd Baily!!!!

Hey Rich, forget about the RSO quality photos, you out Baily'd Baily!!!!

Nah! I never really had time to sort through what I had snapped. Just bulk uploaded everything on the camera from the day. I know, a lot of people got in the way of some would-be nice shots. :biggrin::biggrin:

Some nice looking cars and some white shirt beauties!

Whats up with the Transformer?

Rich,

The photos are fantastic!! THANKS!!
And to think I almost couldn't make it! What a great day, great people, great fun, great drive, and great cars. This was one of the best events I have ever attended. I wish more NSX'ers could have been there.

Dave & Brenda

Some nice looking cars and some white shirt beauties!

Whats up with the Transformer?

The transformer, Bumble Bee, is actually my car :biggrin:

Rich managed to photo shop my car (the real bumble bee [no offense Doc John]) with the transformed version. Kind of like a photo of Clark Kent and Superman together! :wink:

By the way, I can deploy the wings without fully transforming. Ask Rich, on the way home I flew over New Haven to avoid traffic :biggrin::biggrin:

Dave.

Attachments

• NSX and Bumble Bee.jpg
    NSX and Bumble Bee.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Jeanne and I had a great time yesterday, it was nice meeting my fellow NSX forum members and their wives. That was so much better than sitting around in a parking lot answering questions about the car. Our thanks to the folks and event organizers at SuperCarRoadTrips.com for staging such a well organized event.

A lot depended on who you were behind in the rally, fortunately I was behind an Elise and a Viper and keeping up was a lot of fun. This was the first time I've driven the car fairly hard with my wife in the passenger seat. She had a blast. And one good thing was we were in front of the pack where that irate homeowner came out into the street trying to slow things down in front of his house. Oh well...

I'll add my pics to this thread. Jeanne was manning the camera for most of the day and took pics of cars she liked!

-Dom

DSCN4168.jpg

DSCN4169.jpg

DSCN4170.jpg

DSCN4171.jpg

DSCN4173.jpg

DSCN4174.jpg

DSCN4175.jpg

DSCN4176.jpg

DSCN4177.jpg

DSCN4178.jpg

DSCN4179.jpg

DSCN4185.jpg

DSCN4186.jpg

DSCN4187.jpg

DSCN4189.jpg

DSCN4190.jpg

Nice shots Dom! I see you included some shots of the "babes" also. The best one is the girl sitting in the black NSX though. Yeah, it was a spectacular event and it was wonderful meeting you and Jeanne, as well. Let's keep in touch on the forum because New England is not too far away from us.

I hear ya regarding what cars you were behind in the rally. Like I was telling you during the cocktail hour, we got behind the beautiful Aston Martin DB9 and it sounded sweet. Lotus's behind us ....... Simon .... we were sandwiched between all these British cars! What was that about?

Sorry, I have no video or pics from the rally. Was having too much fun scaring my wife! :eek:

Hope to see you guys again next season.
Thanks for being a part of a great day with us.

looks like a great day of sports car play.Now what a photo op I missed out on with the transformer:wink: I also can't believe the blasphemy from the owner of a certain "plain" yellow nsx:eek:

It was a fantastic day from start to finish. I also would like to thank SupercarRoadtrips.com and Foxwood for the wonderful work they did. Can't wait to see the video from the helicopter. Here are some of my pics from the road.

IMG_6007.jpg

IMG_6011.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6036-1.jpg

IMG_6035-1.jpg

IMG_6047-1.jpg

IMG_6057.jpg

IMG_6012.jpg

IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_6053.jpg

IMG_6061.jpg

looks like a great day of sports car play.Now what a photo op I missed out on with the transformer:wink: I also can't believe the blasphemy from the owner of a certain "plain" yellow nsx:eek:
Everyone has to get in on the act! Actually, that Xformer guy was very efficient the way he moved through the crowd.
We could have used him in the Toronto Westin at the bar! :biggrin:

Doc,
It's plain until it transforms :wink:

Attachments

• NSX Bumblebee at Watkins Glenl.JPG
    NSX Bumblebee at Watkins Glenl.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 67
Lol, nice one.

Can't wait to see the video from the helicopter. Here are some of my pics from the road.

Those are good shots from on the road Simon.

For next year, I am hoping to have a video setup mounted in the car with "sound." Could have captured the DB9 sounds, being on his tail for the rally. Also, Randy's Noble.

Bailey will probably show up next year and take the video footage for us, so I will have wasted my money because I won't need the new camera! LoL. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Those are good shots from on the road Simon.

For next year, I am hoping to have a video setup mounted in the car with "sound." Could have captured the DB9 sounds, being on his tail for the rally. Also, Randy's Noble.

Bailey will probably show up next year and take the video footage for us, so I will have wasted my money because I won't need the new camera! LoL. :biggrin: :biggrin:

You can never have enough coverage ... if you need help with getting a set up let me know .... many recommend the go pro system but I still prefer a traditional cam

Back