• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SUPERCHARGE for NSX-T?

Hi i have a 2000 NSX-T and planning to install Super-charge upgrade kit. but does it really makes your car faster? isn't it hurt your engine somehow? If not what would you recommend? Comptech, RM-racing, Mugen?
Also what kind of wheels, exhaust, bodykit, or any other modification do you recommend in your mind?
Thanks for your help...^^

The only SC kits available in the US that I am currently aware of are the Comptech unit (www.comptechusa.com) and Grouppe M (www.DaliRacing.com).

You will notice significant (but not as significant as say forced induction on an American muscle car) improvement in torque and horsepower.

Look for more info here: www.NSXprime.com/toc.htm under Superchargers, Turbos, etc.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Look for more info here: www.NSXprime.com/toc.htm under Superchargers, Turbos, etc.

Hey! That's MY line!
biggrin.gif

Get the SC, header, exhaust and 4.55 R&P and you will feel alot faster. 80 rwhp more, shorter gears, more torque, more fun.

Get the SC, header, exhaust and 4.55 R&P and you will feel alot faster.

With those mods - PARTICULARLY the supercharger - you will also BE a lot faster.

The FAQ Nazi strikes!!! I'm sitting here laughing my ass off. That's pretty damn funny!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black

My recommendation is to go with the Comptech SC, Intake, Headers, and Exhaust. They are designed to work together and are installable and serviceable by most Acura Dealers.

I would not recommend the 4.55 ring & pinion. It's not necessary with the 6 speed in your 2000 T. In fact, it will actually produce worse times in the quarter mile because you'll have to use 5th gear at the end of the quarter mile.

Performance estimates based on input from people on this site indicate that the 3.2 in your 2000 T will be capable of low 12's or high 11's in the quarter mile. In other words, you'll be faster than a Z06 Vette and about equal with a new Porsche 911 Turbo or Dodge Viper.

Is there any milage concerns when installing a SC on say a 91 with about 99k miles?

Would u have to do an engine rebuild to make anything stronger for the added power?

Thanks -E

Originally posted by Electro:
Is there any milage concerns when installing a SC on say a 91 with about 99k miles?

Would u have to do an engine rebuild to make anything stronger for the added power?

No milage concern, I remember meeting Mike "chrome guy" in SF area and he dynoed 360+ rwhp on 9 psi Comptech SC and he has over 110,000 miles. I would not go 9 psi, I would stay at 6 psi as I think 9 psi is too must boost for new engine or old. Think about compressing 9 psi, it sure would heat up the air pretty good and on a high compression engine, no thanks for me.

I personaly have installed a CT SC on a 98 T. The car is much faster with the headers and CT intake set up. Also, a new muffler helps a bit.
The supercharger performs seemlesly. You will never know that it's on the car until you step on it a bit. Then you will hear some of the most beutiful music nown to man! The charger has a very nice sound to it!
Barn Man...

Back