• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec Exhaust

I ordered the Taitec GT parallel exhaust and Taitec Cat By-Pass Pipes from Science of Speed. It is a great product and an excellent price on both the exhaust and cat by-pass pipes.

Brad, did you happen to find out from Chris whether he has these instock here or will this shipment be coming from Japan? I'm anxious to place my order too. Thanks.

Realize that all the TAITEC products come from Japan and that orders are placed in bulk to save you money on shipping. The sooner you place your order, the sooner they will be on their way from Japan.

Brad is refering to the SoS/TAITEC GT Parallel Exhaust. This particular unit is awesome.

Take a moment to look at the pictures of the JGTC Center-Exit Exhaust at www.ScienceofSpeed.com/Products Simply amazing museum quality stuff.

Tired of the build quality of several exhausts here in the states, I did my research. Being impressed again and again (and yes, again) with TAITEC products, I am excited to be offering them here in the states. Build quality, sound, performance, they are all there, and from a company that develops their products on the track.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 30 April 2001).]

Chris,
Does Taitec offer headers to go with there exhaust? If not what header would you recomend? How much louder is the Taitec than the RM-B&B? And does it have a higher pitch?
Ken

We recommend Comptech or Fujitsubo Titanium headers due to the excellent build quality and previous experience with the combination. The GT exhaust is similar to the RM tone, but better. The exhaust note is more 'refined' and Ferrari-esque.

A sound clip is now online for the JGTC Center-Exit exhaust, and I am working on one for the GT. http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/SoS_TAITEC_family/JGTC_Center_Exhaust/

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

While I suppose a custom one could be made, most exhausts such as the stock, Comptech, RM, etc will not fit, as the diffuser was made for Center-Exit exhausts.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

The sound does differ, however, both exhaust notes are amazing.

The SoS/TAITEC GT Exhaust sounds rich and full, a little louder than Comptech, a little quiter than RM.

The SoS/TAITEC JGTC is all race. Listen to the sound clip here: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/SoS_TAITEC_family/JGTC_Center_Exhaust/ ... the sound is unlike anything I have heard before in the U.S.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

Back