• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec GT009 Exhaust

any exhaust can fit on any year. the only difference between the years is the cat converter and adapter combinations.

The exhaust will work on any year since its a straight pipe exhaust, you won't be able to use cats anymore the exhaust connects directly to the headers so no more smog friendly unless your car is consider a historic car. Also keep in mind the exhaust won't fit your rear valence anymore, you are gonna need a GT Diffuser like the Downforce one or just run it without one. I love the sound when the vtec kicks in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKTgtBROd5w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's me when I first installed it, as you can see no more rear valence but I got a Downforce GT valence after a couple of weeks. Enjoy the sound of it. Nico

You can replace it the cats because they are incorporated to the exhaust. Is it street legal? No but they only way for anybody to find that out is thru the smog test which you will not pass unless you swap your exhaust for that day. Historic cars tho are exempt of that inspection that's why I have that exhaust on my car.

Lol so you put on the stock exhaust for the test, then switch it back to the gt009 for daily driving and then switch it back to stock again when it's time to do the emissions test again? Hahaha

In Maryland historic cars don't need to pass that test anymore and my car is historic so I don't need to swap my exhaust. If your car is not historic then you'll have to pass the test here is every two years.

Some of you have your cars registered as historic vehicles?? In California the car has to be at least 39 years old.

Exhaust is very loud, cops might pull over and ticket for loudness instead of gas emissions lol

- - - Updated - - -

Probably go for taitec jgtc centre exit exhaust instead

Back