• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tan vs Camel leather difference?.

Is there a difference in color between the "Tan" leather (1994-1996) and "Camel" (1997+) leather? Looking to buy a leather repair kit and they only have it for NSX's "Camel" leather.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
camel in a friends 02 was a bit darker tan than my 96, unless mines faded, I don't think they match

I looked up tan seats from a 1995, and camel seats from a 2002 and the color codes and descriptions were the same (YR167L / Light Tan).

after many years the material fades or gets bleached depending on use/care/sun exposure.

There were also different lots of leather used over time. So there could be some subtle differences in the dye used.

Did you get the Ecstasy Tan 215 ? Does it look close to the orignal tan?
I'm about to replace my seat covers.
Thanks

I recently installed the Leatherseats Ecstasy Tan in my 94 - they look great.
The Ecstasy costs a bit more, but after looking at their samples I thought the Ecstasy looked more original.

Thanks a lot! Still not sure if I want to fork the $1400 + install for the Ecstasy...I got samples with regular leather from other companies (interior-innovation,ridies..) and it's not quite right as well. Waiting for the samples form leatherseats and will decide.

That's just what I got - Ecstasy Tan 215. I think they look very good - very close to original and color looks right.
I thought the other non
Ecstasy colors didn't look quite right.

Back