• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Targa Top Storage In The Trunk

I have removed my clamshell engine cover, so the targa top can no longer be stored there. I know it will fit in the trunk. Does anybody make a storage bag for it to be placed in the trunk? Has anybody made some type of trunk storage device so that it doesn't move around?

Thanks,
Kenny

well you could have some one sew you one. and as for not letting it slide around the trunk while you drive very very aggressivly I suggest getting some thick styrofoam and cut some chunks to make up the difference
between the walls of the trunk and the targa.

mine is very tight in there. Maybe i am doing it wrong but there is now way it will slide.

mine is very tight in there. Maybe i am doing it wrong but there is now way it will slide.

+1. I had my targa compartment removed for a few weeks last fall and I did not feel that it wasn't secure enough.

I've removed my engine cover and store the targa top in the trunk. I figured out the best way to store the targa top in the trunk is to rotate the top 180 degrees and lay it in the trunk. You can use towels around the corners. It's a very snug fit and it ain't moving anywhere. A storage bag for the targa would be a PITA!

This was discussed some 6 years ago and we even looked at options of coming up with a product. The liability was in part the issue.

But the top will move in the trunk unless it has been wrapped and secured properly.

front of roof facing front and up
back of roof facing rear and down

make sure to put it all the way toward the driver's side where the spare wheel goes, put a microfiber at the two rear corners to prevent scratching the corners of the roof

aint going no where even with spirited driving.

Back