• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

The Expendables 2

Cheesy...Yes
Predictable...Yes

Mindless action flick to watch with your buds...Absolutely

This was way better than the first. Arnold had more screen time along with Bruce Willis. Jean Claude played a pretty good villain.
Chuck Norris as Booker "the lone wolf" was worth the price of a ticket. I liked how they mentioned Dolph's real life educational background. MIT, Fulbright Scholar, etc.

The gore this time was on par with Rambo. Lots of head twisting, sniper shots, flying splashing blood. Very well written and you will cheer at the end!
Go see it. Cast list: Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren, Jet Li, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Chuck Norris and Scott Adkins

PS, part of this post I read on another site (arfcom) and cut and pasted it because the OP could not have said it better.

Last edited:
Cheesy but in a good way cheesy.

Yeah, I can't wait to get some of my friends together to go check it out.
Should be a fun flick.
Most likely not something I'll watch twice, but fun.

Agreed. I enjoy it. Cheesy but had good laugh watching it. How action movie was in the 80s/90s ... mindless shooting with tons of bullets!
Better than the first movie for sure. And I read somewhere the director is also considering an all female 'Expendable' movie too .....

I think the first movie was much better. The second was maybe 80%. The first was more fun, good banter. I missed the fun with Jet Li and Dolph Lungren.

That said, I still loved it. Can't wait for number 3.

Arnold is getting back into shape... we'll see how he looks.

I was not happy that Jet Li got such a small role in this one. Man it was over the top but still entertaining. The plane crash was a bit much though.

I have'nt seen this one yet ,but could it be any more ridiculous then when arnold jumped out of that flying jet into a swamp in commando and got right up running...........:eek:

I have'nt seen this one yet ,but could it be any more ridiculous then when arnold jumped out of that flying jet into a swamp in commando and got right up running...........:eek:

Classic arnold move. I am sure he could do it again for commando 2. :smile:

Not going to win any awards but overall quite entertaining. The cheesiness added to the fun factor. Can't count the number of times Arnold says 'I'll be back'...

I thought Jean Claude played the villian quite well which I was not expecting. And I also had my doubts about Liam Hemsworth but he did an admirable job as well.

Bottom line, if you like action flicks then this is a must see.

theather worthy. the fact that Chuck Norris is in the movie makes it worth seeing.

dumb fun and entertaining action movie. if you try to look for something deep, keep looking cuz it's not there.

Is it theater worthy or just DVD worthy?

Last edited:
when the credits role there is only one name for everything .....Chuck Norris:biggrin:

Is it theater worthy or just DVD worthy?

theather worthy. the fact that Chuck Norris is in the movie makes it worth seeing.

Yes, definitely theater worthy. And Chuck Norris even manages to throw in a Chuck Norris joke - the one about the cobra... everyone in the theater had a good 'chuckle'...:wink: Sorry, got caught up in all the cheesiness :biggrin:

These old action "heroes" are much more entertaining to watch than today's 160 lbs metrosexual action "heroes".

Rumor is Stallone will make Expendables 3 when Wesley Snipes gets out of jail.

Next actor to join would be Mr T. Notice the modified armored car with Bad Attitude written on it? If I'm not mistaken that is long terms for BA Baracuss from The A-Team. Moreover its a modified armored car.

I'm in the big brother/big sister program, my "little brother" always drags me to these cheezy movies. Within that group, this was actually smewhat entertaining. I can't believe how much plastic surgery these guys have done and how bad some of it looks. So much for aging gracefully. Am I the only one that sees all of that? Or chuck Norris's dentures? Makes me feel old because growing up these guy were my action heroes. Feels like not that long ago that Stallone was in Rambo and Rocky V. That Arnold was in Commando and True lies. He was HUGE. Now he is an old man.. someone said "getting back in shape"? he's like 70 isn' he? Soon young guys like my "little bro" will ask "who is that?"... Then I'll really feel old. Jet Li looked fat and outta shape. I liked the movie overall...

Last edited:
Back