• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The WAR is oooooooover!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QTaRK_ONSKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is America, wars will NEVER be over. Just think how Americans talk about war and invasion like its the weather. American arrogance is rampant. I came to this country at the age of 5, and although I was very young, I can remember sleeping in the jungle at nights with my father covering my mouth so I didn't cry or make any noises so the Khmer Rouge guerillas wouldn't hear us. Some kids died of no oxygen in this same situation at the hands of their own parents. Cambodia was Americas exit strategy and under Operation Menu, countless planes of b52's dropped bombs and killed 800,000 innocent Cambodian and Laotions, two countries that were neutral until the Vietnam war. Yet when "2" planes hit the buildings in NY and 3000 innocent die it was the worst atrocity in the world. I'm not saying what the terrorist did was right, but it was nothing compared to what America has done to the rest of the world. Until the day comes, and it will come, when America will have to fight on its OWN soil against foreigners, then they will comprehend fully what it means to be in a war torn country and see that WAR is the worst evil of mankind. I'm proud to be American and love the concept of a free Democratic Republic under its People, and am upset what the powerful have done to this beautiful country,but I've seen America outside of America.

This is America, wars will NEVER be over. Just think how Americans talk about war and invasion like its the weather. American arrogance is rampant. I came to this country at the age of 5, and although I was very young, I can remember sleeping in the jungle at nights with my father covering my mouth so I didn't cry or make any noises so the Khmer Rouge guerillas wouldn't hear us. Some kids died of no oxygen in this same situation at the hands of their own parents. Cambodia was Americas exit strategy and under Operation Menu, countless planes of b52's dropped bombs and killed 800,000 innocent Cambodian and Laotions, two countries that were neutral until the Vietnam war. Yet when "2" planes hit the buildings in NY and 3000 innocent die it was the worst atrocity in the world. I'm not saying what the terrorist did was right, but it was nothing compared to what America has done to the rest of the world. Until the day comes, and it will come, when America will have to fight on its OWN soil against foreigners, then they will comprehend fully what it means to be in a war torn country and see that WAR is the worst evil of mankind. I'm proud to be American and love the concept of a free Democratic Republic under its People, and am upset what the powerful have done to this beautiful country,but I've seen America outside of America.

Do you have any source on the 800,000 figure?

-Jim

Nearly 4500 killed, 30,000 wounded:mad:

The number of dead and injured civilian contractors is unknown

The Iraqi civilian body count is estimated around 115,000 and probably higher

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/

The University of Michigan stadium holds roughly 110,000 people on game day

...if one game's attendees all died in a 9 year window, well, there ya go.

640px-Michigan_Stadium_2011.jpg

Last edited:

While I don't doubt this or challenge it... those are different facts about multiple engagements

I pray that the numbers are wrong, and much less, period.

to be clear, quoting random stats about dead people has a purpose to serve in consideration of the idea that war is the last option and worst possible result of failed relations between nations.

*steps off sopabox*

You know you made a very scarey point, one that has crossed my mind on numerous occasions. I do fear the day we must fight on American soil against foreigners and I feel that day is coming no doubt.

Do you have any source on the 800,000 figure?

-Jim

http://necrometrics.com/20c1m.htm#Cambodia

I thought the 800k figure was a bit high myself.

problem is that during the time and place that reported casualties, it's impossible to verify the numbers. There is no unified data suppositories between countries that I've seen to have an agreement on the numbers.

I have a few Vietnamese friends that came to the country in the mid 70's to escape the Viet Con.

The few that reported that they were in their early 30's look more like they were 50's.

VERY suspect if you ask me.

You know you made a very scarey point, one that has crossed my mind on numerous occasions. I do fear the day we must fight on American soil against foreigners and I feel that day is coming no doubt.

If that would be the day, WWIII would have begun. No one will survive with our nukes.

If that would be the day, WWIII would have begun. No one will survive with our nukes.

According to the Wilson Center, the greatest danger we all face is a muslim uprising. Some think that GWB started WWIII by invading Iraq and thereby cementing this theory. It will be fought very differently than past wars, with continuous acts of random terrorism. Today the Russians just caught a person boarding a flight to Iran with radioactive material. A single act of radiating a city with a dirty bomb could cause panic on a scale we've never seen. Welcome to our future :frown:.

A war that never should have happened.:frown:

Thank you GWB:mad:

I agree, war should of never happened, and how do you tell that to the men and women who worked their ass off, or died for our country there? Kinda smells alot like vietnam? :mad:

Time to close this down since it is degenerating into partisan political rhetoric and is no longer treading lightly.

Certain comments have been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back