• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

There's a rat in my NSX, what am I gonna do?

I had good results with the electric traps. At least 10 kills and no signs of slowing, on the same set of batteries. I've eventually moved to a rodent free zone, so I have had no reasons to continue using it.

what was your trap called?
did you wipe down the trap after each kill? from what i read on amazon, after a kill and it sits there for a bit, the bowels are released and urine/fecal matter are left on the trap, which turns away other rodents.

so after each kill, they recommend wiping it down

Hi, guys. i got one of these pack of pest repellers at Costco less than $15.00.
I hope it helps.

Attachments

• DSC04315.jpg
    DSC04315.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 53
I remembered reading this thread because I now have mice. Well...one so far anyway.

My bedroom is next to my garage. So, this morning at 12:30 I heard some small animal rustling around with what sounded like paper. It took half an hour but I found the mouse in the bottom drawer of my dresser :eek:. When I opened the drawer I saw it hide in a tube of paper, (easy catch). I tossed the mouse in a ditch away from my house. That little S%#T!

Anyhow, a long time mechanic recommended using peppermint oil as a mouse deterrent for my NSX. The aroma is simply too strong for rodents that they will not go near it. He said to place several drops of peppermint oil on a small rag, place the rag in a disposable cup, and place the cup in the car where the mice could get to the wiring and get inside. I placed two cups in the engine bay and two cups under the hood. Hope this works. I don't know how often to "refresh" the rags. Possibly weekly, or every two weeks I would say. Hope this helps for those with little varmints.

I will be getting electric traps tomorrow and trying the dryer sheets as well. Good luck to all who store their NSX for winter. This is my first year with mine.:smile:

-DREW-

Had the soft top on my 56 t-bird stored away behind the seat--mice at the leather trim off the canvas. Buddy's GMC pickup had tansmission issues---3 times to the trans shop---$1700. bill only to find mice nested and chewed wires under his fuse box under the hood. Ins paid. Another buddy bought an old Pontiac Grand Pre--stored in garage with dog food. Started car and when warmed up, he attempted to drive it out only to have little fire balls of dog food blast out the dual exhaust====.
Found baby mice in my Bmw last year and some mice crap on the top of the NSX engine block. Trapped 4 in the garage. Will try the moth balls trick but will bring back memories of my father and his wool shirts!!:biggrin:

Back