• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thunderhill Oct. 12

For those interested in a Thunderhill track event with cooler weather - There are a few slots left on Oct. 12 Saturday. There will be 2 advanced groups with a total of 6 sessions of 25 minutes each. There will only be 1 novice group. They will be limiting participation to only 50 cars to ensure adequate spacing and track time. Rules for the novice group will be similar to the SCCA High Performance driving school except that they will use the whole 3 mile track and will not use false chicanes for Turn 1. If you are interested contact [email protected]

If you are an advanced driver and would be willing to act as instructor for the novice group, let them know that as they will give you preference.

T1 is a fast left hander so what the SCCA school does is to put a bunch of cones at the end of the straight of the straightaway in a chicane like path that forces you to slow down and do a left right flick before entering T1. They do something similar to T7. I don't think this is a bad idea for novices as it makes it really safe and I still recommend the school for first timers on the track. I don't know of any other track event that does the 'false chicane' though.

Back