• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thunderhill Weekend Coming Up Soon!

Hey everybody! We FINALLY got a weekend at Thunderhill! We got November 22-23 all to ourselves this year. Cost is a tiny bit higher, but it's not that bad. If we get enough drivers, we'll mail out rebates so that in fact the cost will be the same as if we were running a weekday event. We just gotta get a good fifty folks to sign up. Anyway, as usual, the event will include bottled water and Gatorade, a nice warm Thanksgiving-style lunch, snacks, instruction, and OVER TWO HOURS OF TRACK TIME! Cost is $265 for one day, or $500 for the whole weekend. And like I said, if we get enough drivers, we'll rebate everyone so that it works out at $235 per day the way we usually charge. So think . . . if we get enough drivers, we'll get the whole weekend for under $500!

The registration form is at www.onemain.com/~bonster/thunderhill.pdf I hope you can make this one! I went out on a limb hoping you all could. :)

Couldnt pass up the $99 day on 12/1 with NCRC

***Since you brought up another track group in a thread started by this track group, I will go ahead and entertain you for a bit. First off, all December and January events are considered off-season, and thus, Thunderhill gives all organizers a discount off the track rental of $4000. Yes, this allows organizers to charge a lot less, but at a price that low it probably means they have to get a lot more sign ups than we certainly would want. So those are the facts.

Here are the rumors (from a good source, but since it was second hand, I won't say it's true or not) . . . one of our instructors informed me that NCRC overcrowds the track and that they have four run groups, which cuts down on your track time.

TEAM limits the drivers on track to between twenty and twenty-eight drivers depending on run group, and you get two hours and twenty minutes (three run groups). With four run groups you'll be lucky to get two hours in (track is only supposed to be open from nine til noon, and then one til five). Also, recall, we are running an event on the weekend during the regular season -- NCRC's event is on a Monday. Weekends are always more expensive (sigh) -- to the tune of about 1500 or so more per day. I don't know the off-season cost for a weekend, but I bet it's more then, too. Thunderhill is a business -- they want their moolah, too. :) I'm not trying to 'rag' on you or anybody else for that matter, so please don't take it that way. NCRC is a nice group and I recommend them if you have the time. But you did open up a can o' worms, sorta. ;)

Hopefully the rumors are not true and you will get tons of track time on a lightly populated track. But just so you know, we're not charging $265 to send our kids to Harvard -- we are charging according to what we must bring in to pay the bills. As it is, I am way in the hole unless we get some more sign ups soon. Know what I mean?

Either way, I hope you have an absolute blast and I hope you will tell us how it went on the appropriate NCRC "Customer Appreciation Day" thread located elsewhere. We want pictures!!! :)

Last edited:
Bonnie- I sent in my registration & payment by mail yesterday. Should be a blast as track season is year-round for me here in NorCal:smile:.

track season is year-round for me here in NorCal:smile:.

***Oh sure, rub it in why don't ya (see my new location in avatar). ;) One thing that is kind of cool about Florida is that you can wear shorts to a track day at Sebring in the middle of December. Wild!

Anyway, I will be sure and send you a quick email as soon as I get your registration. I figure it should be here by tomorrow or Friday. Glad to see you'll be joining us! :)

***Oh sure, rub it in why don't ya (see my new location in avatar). ;) One thing that is kind of cool about Florida is that you can wear shorts to a track day at Sebring in the middle of December. Wild!

Anyway, I will be sure and send you a quick email as soon as I get your registration. I figure it should be here by tomorrow or Friday. Glad to see you'll be joining us! :)

Bonnie, you're everywhere...got a photo of you in Montana too! Anyways, hopefully the cooler fall weather will bring out more of the geriatric NSX guys (you know who you are) who stayed home this summer:smile:

Last edited:
***Since you brought up another track group in a thread started by this track group, I will go ahead and entertain you for a bit. First off, all December and January events are considered off-season, and thus, Thunderhill gives all organizers a discount off the track rental of $4000. Yes, this allows organizers to charge a lot less, but at a price that low it probably means they have to get a lot more sign ups than we certainly would want. So those are the facts.

Here are the rumors (from a good source, but since it was second hand, I won't say it's true or not) . . . one of our instructors informed me that NCRC overcrowds the track and that they have four run groups, which cuts down on your track time.

TEAM limits the drivers on track to between twenty and twenty-eight drivers depending on run group, and you get two hours and twenty minutes (three run groups). With four run groups you'll be lucky to get two hours in (track is only supposed to be open from nine til noon, and then one til five). Also, recall, we are running an event on the weekend during the regular season -- NCRC's event is on a Monday. Weekends are always more expensive (sigh) -- to the tune of about 1500 or so more per day. I don't know the off-season cost for a weekend, but I bet it's more then, too. Thunderhill is a business -- they want their moolah, too. :) I'm not trying to 'rag' on you or anybody else for that matter, so please don't take it that way. NCRC is a nice group and I recommend them if you have the time. But you did open up a can o' worms, sorta. ;)

Hopefully the rumors are not true and you will get tons of track time on a lightly populated track. But just so you know, we're not charging $265 to send our kids to Harvard -- we are charging according to what we must bring in to pay the bills. As it is, I am way in the hole unless we get some more sign ups soon. Know what I mean?

Either way, I hope you have an absolute blast and I hope you will tell us how it went on the appropriate NCRC "Customer Appreciation Day" thread located elsewhere. We want pictures!!! :)

Yes....sorry. It was bad form of me to mention another track group in your thread. I wasnt trying to promote NCRC but was just giving my excuse for not attending another track event (not necessarily yours). Im not a hard core track guy and I dont mind shorter track time when there is such a large difference in cost. I dont know if what you say about overcrowding is correct or not but I usually find that track days on week days always have less of a crowd than those on the weekend for obvious reasons.

Bonnie, you're everywhere...got a photo of you in Montana too!

***Lol. Saw that pic on the Porsche list a while back. You guys, come on . . . I would NEVER own a Mercedes (if I recall, the pic was of a chick in a MB vert). That pic must have been taken on the ONE day of the year where Montana gets above 70F, lol. :D

Back