• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire pressure S-03

What tire pressure for Bridgestone S-03 215/40/17” and 255/35/18 do you recommend when crusing down the highway and when tracking your car?
I just put them on and have a track session tomorrow probably on wet.
I have a 1991 NSX.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:
This probably does not apply, but: I have stock size 16/17" SO3's and run 34/38 for normal highway use.

Hi Klas,
I have Bridgestones in 215/40ZR17 and 265/35ZR18 and am using the standard OEM pressures.
On the track I usually will add a little extra pressure unless it is very hot outside. The higher pressure will make the tires roll less on the tire-walls thereby decreasing the chance of a blow-up. Also, do check you rims for any embedded stones and the tires for any damage before take the car out on the track.

I have been tracking with S03's for the past 10 track events or so, and I feel that the tires perform the best with the following tire pressures:

215/40 R17 => 36 cold, 44 track hot
265/35 R18 => 34 cold, 42 track hot

I've had my tires go all the way up to 48psi when tracking the car hard and the S03's feel very slippery, going back down to 44/42 helps quite a bit.

Note that the optimal tire pressure might also vary depending on your suspension setup!

2slow2speed said:
I have been tracking with S03's for the past 10 track events or so, and I feel that the tires perform the best with the following tire pressures:

215/40 R17 => 36 cold, 44 track hot
265/35 R18 => 34 cold, 42 track hot

How did you reach that conclusion?

I find it highly surprising that you would use more pressure in the front than in the rear. Of all the NSX owners that I have discussed this with, and there have been many - including many using various tires for track use as well as those using various tires for street use - I have never, ever heard anyone who prefers more pressure in the front than in the back.

You didn't by any chance accidentally reverse the two sets of figures, did you?

Back