• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

tow hook? what you guys think?

i fab up this tow hook what u guys think? its mounted on to the factory tow.

CIMG2747.jpg

CIMG2748.jpg

CIMG2749.jpg

Last edited:
I needed one of those once,,,,,,canada corner gravel trap.....:redface:

No, Dhalism, not necessary for street driving, but as Doc points out (sort of), indispensable for tracking and/or trailering a car.

The larger loop, out in front of the body work makes the "oops" tow and or trailer loading via winch far less painful (and potentially damaging).

Nice alternative to cutting the bumper cover to accomodate some other tow loops. If only it were that easy on the rear of the car.

Why?:confused:

Jeff- So is this a sign that we'll see you at a track event this year?

i have no idea on the date and cost if u let me know ahead of time or show me the way i don't see why not.

Wouldn't the tow hook make it easier for people to steal your car? Simply attached a tow line and they are off.

well not that much easier if they want ur car they can just take off the oem bumper cap take 2 second and attach a tow line and they are off LOL if they want it they will get it thats what insurance is for...

Looks nice.
Does anyone have a good suggestion for a rear tow hook?

Here's how I did mine.
I would imagine it could be done on a oem rear bumper with some careful cutting.

Looks nice.
Does anyone have a good suggestion for a rear tow hook?

Attachments

• PC230005.jpg
    PC230005.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 209
  • PC230007.jpg
    PC230007.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 203
Here's how I did mine.
I would imagine it could be done on a oem rear bumper with some careful cutting.

rear tow hook looks sweet!

Thanks...We welded it to the rear bumper beam.

I like what you did on yours using the OEM tow hook on the front as well.
Very clean.

rear tow hook looks sweet!

Back