• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Toyko Subways

Are tickets interchangeable between the two different subway companies, Toei Lines and Tokyo Metro? I see that they share many stations. I ask because I will get on a Toei Line change subway train to a Tokyo Metro. Will I be able to exit the Metro with my Toei ticket?
TIA
Tom

Are tickets interchangeable between the two different subway companies, Toei Lines and Tokyo Metro? I see that they share many stations. I ask because I will get on a Toei Line change subway train to a Tokyo Metro. Will I be able to exit the Metro with my Toei ticket?
TIA
Tom

Toei tickets are not valid on Tokyo Metro lines, and Tokyo Metro tickets are not valid on Toei lines. You can buy a day pass which does cover both sets of lines, but I find you rarely ever need to. Don't worry about getting on the "wrong line" either. At the stations where entry to either line is possible, the barriers are very clear about which line you're about to enter, and your Metro ticket won't get you past onto a Toei train. Toei also has a very different logo to Tokyo Metro, so even if you don't read Japanese you will always know which you are on, or which line a ticket machine dispenses for.

Back