• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track Day - Talladega Gran Prix 5/17/2009

From S2KAtlanta:

tally_aerial2.jpeg

Our first official S2kAtlanta track day for 2009 will be on Sunday May 17th at Little Talledega Gran Prix (www.tgprace.com).

This is an excellent course for beginners and first time track goers because of it's long runoffs and short straights, 100+ mph. Don't be fooled however, the course is very demanding and requires your full attention at all times. I have not mastered that blasted decreasing radius turn!

Official timing will not take place however drivers are free to time themselves.

Requirements to run TGP are as follows:
Long pants and closed toe shoes
Snell 95/M2000 or higher rated helmet
No loose cabling or or car body parts
Car numbers (will be asigned day of event if you don't already have some, Painters tape works fine)

Pricing will be $190 for all participants.

This price will get you a full day of track time and will get you a minimum of 2.5 hours of seat time. Estimated seat time this year will be closer to 3 hours. Payments can be made via paypal to [email protected].

A total of 25 spots are currently available. A minimum deposit of $125 is required to hold your spot. All payments are non-refundable, it is your responsibility to sell your spot if you have paid and cannot make the track day. Final payment is due no later than Friday May 8th or you will risk losing your spot.

Those attending need to be at the track no later than 7:00am Central time (bama time). Tech inspection will start once the gates are open and the drivers meet will start at 7:45am. If you miss the driver's meet and/or tech inspection, your track sessions will be delayed until it is taken care of.

If you plan on attending this track day, post up so your name can be added to the list. Remember, no spot is considered reserved until you have made either the down payment or paid in full.

*********************************** UPDATE******************************
We need instructors for this event. If you're willing to instruct the novices and first-timers, your cost is only $95. Please post up if you're willing to instruct. You must have at minimum 6 track days under your belt in order to qualify as an instructor.

Paid Attendees:

Members Interested In Going:

NOTE: The official caravan thread has been posted here: http://www.s2katlanta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18171

Post here or pm me if you want to be added to the caravan list.

Last edited:
I know some of you track your NSXs.

This is a great track and you'll get plenty of seat time. Let's pull those garage queens out and drive 'em like they were meant to be driven:biggrin:

I would be there if not for work obligations :mad::mad::mad:

That said, I can highly recommend this event. I ran with these guys last year with my MR2 and it was a very well organized event with a bunch of very mature and courteous drivers.

I was so impressed that I did at least test drive an S2000 before I bought my NSX :biggrin:

I hope you will do some events later in the year that I can actually make it to!

I would be there if not for work obligations :mad::mad::mad:

That said, I can highly recommend this event. I ran with these guys last year with my MR2 and it was a very well organized event with a bunch of very mature and courteous drivers.

I was so impressed that I did at least test drive an S2000 before I bought my NSX :biggrin:

I hope you will do some events later in the year that I can actually make it to!

Thanks, Richard. We will have more events, so hopefully, we'll see you there:smile:

Back