• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track in Benson???

Vex

Contributing Member
I was up at SoS this weekend and there was talk about a new road course in Benson. Anyone heard anything about this? I can't seem to find any info on it.

Umm I believe your thinking about Inde motorsports ranch. Supposedly it's a fantastic track with 25 turns and 2.75 miles of track to run on. I run with the NASA group up here in Phoenix and having a road course like this to run on would be fantastic. PIR and FIR are nice but having a big road course like this one would be awesome. It's not exactly in Benson though so maybe Chris knows something else. That's the only road course I know of in that area though.

http://www.indemotorsports.com/

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of IMR actually and just checked out that website. Turns out I know the owners from growing up in the Seattle area. I played youth football with the minority owner and the owner was one of the coaches along with my dad. Crazy small world I guess. I might have to check it out further. :smile:

I hadn't heard of IMR actually and just checked out that website. Turns out I know the owners from growing up in the Seattle area. I played youth football with the minority owner and the owner was one of the coaches along with my dad. Crazy small world I guess. I might have to check it out further. :smile:

Small world indeed. I hope they get that track ready for track days. From what I understand NASA and the SCCA have been there to see if they will run events there. Both organizations came back with the same conclusion that they need make the track safer before they run there. That being said I hope they fix the problems because I want to get my car on the track there!

Guys, I run with the Proauto sports group usually at the Firebird tracks and understand they will be going to the inde motorsports track I think in September this year. There are a variety of racing classes with Proauto sports and alot of good racers. I run a formula mazda with them but am considering running the NSX for a test.

The inde track is working on their entry road which now is very bumpy, I am told but should be improved by the September timeframe or sooner. They are also working on the higher speed runoff areas as this is always a concern for low slung race cars. There URL is listed above so you can check it out.

I also heard the SCCA may be heading out there as well, who knows maybe even the AMP track will come back for action. Dan Maloney who owns it, runs often with the Proauto sports group in one of his Audi S4's.

Guys, I run with the Proauto sports group usually at the Firebird tracks and understand they will be going to the inde motorsports track I think in September this year. There are a variety of racing classes with Proauto sports and alot of good racers. I run a formula mazda with them but am considering running the NSX for a test.

The inde track is working on their entry road which now is very bumpy, I am told but should be improved by the September timeframe or sooner. They are also working on the higher speed runoff areas as this is always a concern for low slung race cars. There URL is listed above so you can check it out.

I also heard the SCCA may be heading out there as well, who knows maybe even the AMP track will come back for action. Dan Maloney who owns it, runs often with the Proauto sports group in one of his Audi S4's.

Ya i heard the SCCA were on they're way there. Do you know the status with AMP? The regional director for NASA was saying they are fighting a case for noise complaints. I hope they get the green light soon.

Back