• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

tracking

Its pretty lame that there are only two days of trackmasters novice available for an entire year. What do I do now? My mad skillz are going to waste here. The only other thing is skip barber at 3K and no use of my car. What else is there this year? NSXPO is too far for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

Look at other clubs that offer track days,they have varying levels of instruction. In no particular order:PDA,SCDA,Chin/tracquest.The BMW and Porche clubs also do track schools.You do need to understand that there are also big differences in the level of organization and hand holding.

Last edited:
Skip Barber doesn't let you use your own car? Bondurant does, but it's much more fun beatin the hell out of a C6.

Hahaha, oh boy.

I'm probably going to sign up with Boston BMWCCA when I get a spare moment. The expense is pretty minimal so I figure I can check out one of their events and see how good it is.

Agree that Trackmasters probably should up to 2 novice events, especially given the demand. I plan on emailing Tony and giving him this, and other, feedback (again, once I get a spare moment).

Thanks I actually searched for that thread but didn't find it.

Dang I'm never going to make it with an 89 dB limit. I think I'm hitting 125 or so now... :biggrin:

89? that's a little low, isn't it? I fart louder than 89 dB.
We know, we hear it in 7.1

Look at other clubs that offer track days,they have varying levels of instruction. In no particular order:PDA,SCDA,Chin/tracquest.The BMW and Porche clubs also do track schools.You do need to understand that there are also big differences in the level of organization and hand holding.
Chin Motorsports is a good operation. They have a school at the Glen (this weekend or next), and at Mid-Ohio at the end of the month.

So is BMW CCA, which does not require you to own or drive a BMW. If you'd like to spend two back-to-back schools at Mid-Ohio, the Northern Ohio Chapter does a school Saturday-Sunday Memorial Day weekend, and Chin's is Monday-Tuesday.

PCA does not let you join unless you own a Porsche. At some of their events they allow non-members to register (typically when they aren't full), at others they don't.

There's the Hanson Schools in Toronto, as well as BMW Club (Trillium Chapter) which will allow you to drive your NSX - I'd recommend some time @ Mosport - Besides, you'll probably be faster than BioBanker - If you are, I'll pay for your track day! ;)

Call or email me for more info, If you're interested. BMW Club's next event is June 6th weekend and Hanson's next (@ Mosport's DDT, not GP Track) is July 1st.

Back