• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

trading in the NSX

Joined
6 March 2000
Messages
141
Well guys after being around for many years I finally am trading in the NSX, a bitter sweet day really. Decided that it was time for a more convenient daily driver, so gonna pick up my 2002 BMW X5 in the next week or so.
Not that anything was wrong with an NSX for daily driving, but with all the mods and care I put into the car it was ashame to drive it so much, putting scratches, rain, etc bothered me too much.
All is not lost though, this coming spring I'll be looking for a Zanardi edition. A garage queen that will get a lot of track time. In the mean time the intercooled supercharger on order for the X5 should peek my interests for now. Perfect for pulling the trailer for the future Zanardi...
 
Originally posted by jon69:
Well guys after being around for many years I finally am trading in the NSX, ... pick up my 2002 BMW X5 ...I'll be looking for a Zanardi edition.

Your plan sounds pretty good. Look forward to seeing around the forums.

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 16 October 2001).]
 
Originally posted by rcarlos:
If you have a silver automatic I know someone who wants it.

Thanks for the info, but the car is already sold, the guy is just waiting for his loan approval. Took the X5 for a ride yesterday.....WOW, not bad for an SUV, have driven a few ML's before and this one is in a different league. Well the X5 will have to do until my 2003 Porshe Cayenne twin turbo 450hp V8 arrives! Either will be perfect to tow around my next NSX to the races.
 
Hey Ivan, for some reasons the email didn't go through. Well..it's kinda sad hearing you sold your NSX.
frown.gif

How much did you sell it for? If you don't mind me asking..
 
Originally posted by NSEX:
Hey Ivan, for some reasons the email didn't go through. Well..it's kinda sad hearing you sold your NSX.
frown.gif

How much did you sell it for? If you don't mind me asking..

Hey tommy,
Nice to hear from you, I sent you an e-mail yesterday don't know if you got it. Well I traded it in and they gave me 45, not good but not bad, if I sold privately I could have gotten over 50 but I save on the taxes so that's OK. Good thing is I took most of my stuff off, gonna keep it for the next one, but I won't need the gruppe m's intake if your interested, gonna get the supercharger second time around.
 
Originally posted by jon69:
...but I save on the taxes so that's OK. ..

That is great that you are able to do that. Laws in states (and I guess nations) vary on this. In California, if I were to trade in my NSX and get a different car, I would still have to pay tax on the total purchase price of the other car, not the difference.



[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 17 October 2001).]
 
Originally posted by jon69:
Hey tommy,
Nice to hear from you, I sent you an e-mail yesterday don't know if you got it. Well I traded it in and they gave me 45, not good but not bad, if I sold privately I could have gotten over 50 but I save on the taxes so that's OK. Good thing is I took most of my stuff off, gonna keep it for the next one, but I won't need the gruppe m's intake if your interested, gonna get the supercharger second time around.


Nop..haven't got your email yet! anyways, 45 isn't bad at all I think. I was gonna sell my NSX to a guy in Calgary for 53k, but then I don't know what car I should get next so I'll probably just keep my NSX for now. I'm selling my Prelude now, then pay some more cash for a used GS400 if I could find one. As for the M's intake, how much do you want for it?
BTW, did you get your X5 (4.4L?) from Brian Jessel? what color did you get? I've driven one before with Navi, I LOVE IT!!
 
Originally posted by justin hall:
That is great that you are able to do that. Laws in states (and I guess nations) vary on this. In California, if I were to trade in my NSX and get a different car, I would still have to pay tax on the total purchase price of the other car, not the difference.

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 17 October 2001).]

Wow that sucks, your still better off down there than we are. Wages are higher (for most professions) income taxes are substantially lower, and cars are cheaper. A new NSX is about 140,000 in Canada!
 
Originally posted by NSEX:
Nop..haven't got your email yet! anyways, 45 isn't bad at all I think. I was gonna sell my NSX to a guy in Calgary for 53k, but then I don't know what car I should get next so I'll probably just keep my NSX for now. I'm selling my Prelude now, then pay some more cash for a used GS400 if I could find one. As for the M's intake, how much do you want for it?
BTW, did you get your X5 (4.4L?) from Brian Jessel? what color did you get? I've driven one before with Navi, I LOVE IT!!


Tommy, keep your NSX if you get the GS400. I test drove just about every sports car around and with exception of a F360, nothing out there is nearly as good a package. About the X5, got it at Vancouver Auto and supposed to pick it up this weekend, but on the NSX I'm waiting for the new owner to pick it up, he got his lease on it and I'm not sure why he hasn't picked it up. Yup it's a sweet ride, gotta get a supercharger to beat my buddies ML55AMG.
 
Back
Top