• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trd bbk

This might be an incredibly stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway. I have a 2004 Celica GTS with the TRD Front BBK which is apparently the stoptech st-40. Can they be retrofitted onto the NSX? I don't track the Celica it just came with them when I bought it used. I'm assuming this isn't possible but I thought I would put it out there for the gurus anyway.

Moderators please move if I put it in the wrong section.

Edit: I do see that someone asked this question before but the general (albeit short) discussion there was that a BBK is pretty useless. That's not my question.

Last edited:
Technically yes, these can be retrofitted onto an NSX. Stoptech already makes a BBK for the NSX so you would either need to get those caliper brackets or fabricate them yourself. HOWEVER, it is not recommend to just retrofit any caliper laying around. You have to take into account proper brake bias. Stoptech uses custom piston sizes to insure the proper brake bias for each specific vehicle.

Ahhh I see. I will stay away for now, wouldn't want to affect the brake bias and potentially make braking worse. I'll move to stainless steel lines and maybe some bigger ducts up front to hopefully get rid of the mushy brake feel at extended track sessions.

I don't think you'll have issues street driving, but I'd do more research before tracking it. Retrofitting might exceed what your willing to spend or what your parts are actually worth. You might pm titaniumdave. He's done a bunch of retrofits here.
He could likely make you brackets.

Back