• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trip on RGSR / ticket donation

LMR

Legendary Member
This was sent to me and I'm posting it here since this is in your area. Please contact them direct for more info.

Les,

My name is Ryan Weeks and I do the marketing for the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad in Alamosa, CO. I noticed on your website that your club travels together for car shows and events and I wanted to know if you had ever considered bringing a group onboard the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad. We run scenic excursion trains over La Veta pass and in the summer we also have mountain top concerts that are only accessible by train. The concerts are every Saturday and Sunday from mid-June to mid-September and are held at 9400 ft. The concerts usually feature country western/folk artists such as Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Michael Martin Murphey, Juice Newton etc.

We have had car clubs in the past come and travel to our concerts. It’s very fun to see all of the cars parked at the depot next to the train. I think last year we even had the corvette club from Pueblo come to a concert.

I also wanted to let you know that if your club is planning on doing any fundraising or banquets that include door prizes or silent auctions that we would happy to support you by sending a couple pairs of free tickets that can be used on our summer trains.

Anyway, please let me know if you are interested in doing a group event on the train and I will be sure to get you a group discount.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Ryan Weeks
Sales and Marketing Manager
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad

610 State Ave.
Alamosa CO 81101
(719)696-3399 Office
(719)337-8731 Cell
(719)587-0522 Fax
[email protected]

For Reservations Call (877) 726-7245 or visit our website