• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Triple Blink / Comfort Indicator

Did you ever get this installed?

Got it, but other mods took priority! This will have to wait until Spring now unfortunately. My garage is just too cold to work in during the winter. Wouldn't have bothered me 20 years ago, but now I just wait it out instead of trying to heat the thing.

I really need to go through the complete signal system. For the last 10 years my signals would self-cancel prematurely. For the past 6 months they don't self-cancel at all. Not related to the blinker of course, but just gives me thought about ripping out the whole system and doing something more modern. Our turnstalk seems so cheap and flimsy by todays standards. Would be nice if a newer Acura stalk could be adapted.

I did a modification to the turn signal cancellation unit to help deal with the early cancel problem that is inherent to the design of the NSX turn signal system.

Early Turn Signal Cancellation - Its Unfixable! (nsxprime.com)

After I finished the modification and test drove it for a while and was happy with the result it occurred to me that it would have been fairly easy to incorporate that type of lane departure function with a couple extra lines of code. Because the flashing is not controlled by the cancellation unit it cannot count 3 or 4 or whatever flashes; but, you could set it up so that a brief touch of the turn stalk would activate the flasher for 1 or 2 seconds (whatever the equivalent of 3 - 4 flashes is). In a more modern world I would have grabbed the pulse input to the speedo which would have given me a speed / distance input to the turn signals which would enable a distance limit on the turn signals and done an even better job of eliminating the early turn signal cancel problem. However, that would have involved messing with the vehicles OEM wiring and I did not want to do that.

I think I could have done the departure function with a couple of extra lines of code. I don't think it required any physical modifications to the daughter card that I inserted into the cancel unit. However, it required taking things apart to do the coding and the main problem with early cancellation was fixed so it was never a real priority (and definitely won't be since I still have a timing belt coolant hose thing to do some time).

Not the answer you are looking for; but, a possible solution if you are inclined to do a little coding.

Last edited:
Back