• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tulsa Kick-Off 2008 Meet

Okay ladies and gents, it'll be time to take the dust cover off the NSX and socialize soon, very soon. There are a few new owners that I'm sure would like to meet and greet the rest of the group. And I may have my car back by then too. ;) I'm thinking late March/early April time frame.

Maybe meeting (about an hour or so) on a Saturday morning at Krispy Kreme for donuts and coffee March 29th or so? Post up if you make it.

On a side note, I'll be posting a thread soon w/ a schedule of 2008 events that include DIY instruction, scenic drives, watch parties, track days, etc. Please feel free to add any ideas.

Looking forward to seeing "y'all" soon. :)

Count me in, too. Looking forward to it. Thanks for taking the initiative, Shawn.

No problem at all. I'm happy to help organize the group. That said, I'm going to need the locals to throw out some ideas and potentially host some of the events if possible.

Just rec'd word that my car will very likely be back by the March 29th date. :biggrin:

Why is it no surprise Julie wants to go back to JRP? She kicked everybody`s rear. Well, everybody that was in her group, anyway. That being said, I want to be in the same group next time. Just how big-a girl are you anyway, Jules? Ready to throw down some skin, a beer or maybe trade cars for a day? But, if I lose, next challenge will have to be volleyball, ok?

LOL!! Win or lose, I'm up for some volleyball!! Although I will probabry get my @$$ kicked, but I don't care... it's fun! I'm about 4' 9" or 4' 10". :tongue:

Im down if the date works for me!

Dust cover? No, I am the retard you've seen driving his black NSX in the snow/sleet/rain all winter. Drives well though :biggrin:

Shawn,
I should be able to make it assuming the time doesn't conflict with our little league baseball game schedule yet to be out. My cover's been off for a month now but I went to start it the other weekend and the battery is dead (again). Bought a new fancy trickle charger for it yesterday and so I'll bring it back to life soon.

I think the JRP karting would be a blast since I missed the last one due to football season (these kids are really cutting into my social calendar!). I'm going to the Bondarant Karting track in Phoenix a week from Friday to brush up my driving skills and going March 18th to Texas Motor Speedway to do the Texas Driving Experience (150+ MPH NEXTEL Cup cars). Both "official" business trips...gotta like that. Say a prayer for me and the other drivers around me during the next month.

By the way, I'm thinking about buying a couple of shifter karts or TaG Karts to do a little weekend racing at JRP. You have any interest in doing that with me? Last time we were at Hallett together we successfully killed your car and it's now been DOA for about 2 and 1/2 years. You know the luck I bring you!

Shawn,
I should be able to make it assuming the time doesn't conflict with our little league baseball game schedule yet to be out. My cover's been off for a month now but I went to start it the other weekend and the battery is dead (again). Bought a new fancy trickle charger for it yesterday and so I'll bring it back to life soon.

Good, I'm glad you didn't sell. I sent over an email about potentially hosting a "detail day."

I think the JRP karting would be a blast since I missed the last one due to football season (these kids are really cutting into my social calendar!). I'm going to the Bondarant Karting track in Phoenix a week from Friday to brush up my driving skills and going March 18th to Texas Motor Speedway to do the Texas Driving Experience (150+ MPH NEXTEL Cup cars). Both "official" business trips...gotta like that. Say a prayer for me and the other drivers around me during the next month.

Hahaha...well, maybe you can give Jules some competition cuz no one else did. :)

By the way, I'm thinking about buying a couple of shifter karts or TaG Karts to do a little weekend racing at JRP. You have any interest in doing that with me? Last time we were at Hallett together we successfully killed your car and it's now been DOA for about 2 and 1/2 years. You know the luck I bring you!

Yes, I know that luck. Frank was there as well so I blame him too. None of it was my fault. ;) I'd love to get into kart racing but am not in the market this instant. I ran into a kart engine builder in BA that is very reputable. He gave me the number for the local series organizer and I never got around to calling him. I recommend figuring out what the spec series locals run so there's some competition. There's a big annual national race in OKC...we should "road trip."

Hey Shawn and Jules. Took me awhile to get on prime. Been reading alittle here and there. Would love to be at March 29 get together.....but going to svt meet in college station. I'll keep checking for future events.

For the record, I also will not be able to make the Mar 29 NSX event, its the same weekend as the Northwest Arkansas Classic & Sports car auction, where I will be driving other people's cool cars across the auction block...and you can too! Email me.

Good, I'm glad you didn't sell. I sent over an email about potentially hosting a "detail day."

Yeah, I'd be glad to host one this spring (probably needs to be on a Sunday due to family sports schedules). Sent you an e-mail a minute ago on this.

Yes, I know that luck. Frank was there as well so I blame him too. None of it was my fault. ;) I'd love to get into kart racing but am not in the market this instant. I ran into a kart engine builder in BA that is very reputable. He gave me the number for the local series organizer and I never got around to calling him. I recommend figuring out what the spec series locals run so there's some competition. There's a big annual national race in OKC...we should "road trip."

I blame the tow truck driver! Remember that jewel!
Let's talk about the karting stuff when we get togther. My 7 year old's good friend started racing karts at JRP last year and my son wants to do it this year so this might be a good clean fun late spring / summer activity between baseball and football.

Keep us updated on the meet dates Norm Jr!

No worries at all.

The March 29th date is not set in stone and can be moved to the weekend of the April 5th or 12th if a lot of people want to attend on the 29th but can't. Just let me know. Actually, that may work out well with the extreme (hot then cold - cold then hot) weather conditions.

In addition, be thinking about the possibility of hosting:

BBQ
Detail Day
Vendor Day
F1 watch party
DIY - you pick
NSXCA recruitment party
etc.

We can do all of the above at my place but don't want to "hog" the group. ;)

What say we cement April 5th as the official "Tulsa Kick-off 2008" date?

Can anyone second/third the motion?

I second the motion.

Also, I'd be willing to host a Detail Day as long as I can get the church's approval to use a corner of their parking lot behind my house... and, of course, it couldn't be on a Sunday.

Last edited:
For out-of-towners, what's the address for this meeting place?

I will probably have to miss the April 5th event. However, as far as hosting an event, I know of a place across the street from where I work that has a huge parking lot and nobody there on weekends. A fellow NSX owner works there, at PennWell, so we will have access to their facilities and, if we want to have a bar-b-q or even have a big bonfire, they have a huge inventory of paper. Think of all the other possibilities. What do you think, Shawn?

Back