• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Tuning a CTSC?

Just reading the instal directions and it did not mention dyno tuning. Is it necessary to dyno tune or do you finish the install, let it warm up and start driving?
Thanks

Just reading the instal directions and it did not mention dyno tuning. Is it necessary to dyno tune or do you finish the install, let it warm up and start driving?
Thanks

It is a good idea to check your air fuel on a dyno but if you have af gauges you don't need to take it to a dyno.

Several of us have run lean at high rpm so you might want to check it out before driving hard on it.

Better safe than sorry

what's a good ratio to run at high rpm's? (standard ctsc) I have an aem af gauge and I notice at startup and idle it sometimes jumps past 16 to a point that doesn't display on the gauge like anywhere from 17-20. at higher rpm's I notice it goes from 12 then drops below 10 and to a point it can't be shown on the gauge somewhere in the range 8-10?. is that normal? should I be worried

Thanks
Low boost -> what NetViper said
High boost -> needs to be tuned anyway

Thanks

I'd call and discuss it with CT Engineering.

what's a good ratio to run at high rpm's? (standard ctsc) I have an aem af gauge and I notice at startup and idle it sometimes jumps past 16 to a point that doesn't display on the gauge like anywhere from 17-20. at higher rpm's I notice it goes from 12 then drops below 10 and to a point it can't be shown on the gauge somewhere in the range 8-10?. is that normal? should I be worried

Mine is normally 15 without boost and 11.5 -11.8 under boost to redline.

Thanks

if its a low boost system then no tuning required. Just make sure you have a clean fuel filter and some recomend changing fuel pump for extra measure. One thing I did for sure and I highly recomend is to send your oem injectors to RC Engineering (or company that offers similar service) and have them clean, balance and flow tested.

Back