• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ufc 103

Prediction time again. Nice card, we get a make-or-break fight for Mirko, the return of Vitor, and a title eliminator between Kampmann and Daley (look for a great fight for that one). Here's my $.02.....

- Crocop over Dos Santos (hoping to see the return of the LHK)
- Vitor over Franklin (don't think Franklin will get Lindland'd, but will be good)
- Kampmann over Daley (especially if he decides to take Semtex down)
- Griffin over Franca (I like Hermes, but Tyson is a juggernaut)
- Koscheck over Trigg (unfortunately)
- McFedries over Drwal
- Vlady over Pokrajac
- Brilz over Marshall
- Emerson over Dos Anjos
- Miller over Lopez
- Miller over Escudero

P.S. - Anyone see fight night on Wednesday? One of the best, I thought. All four bouts were excellent...and Nate's come-from-behind modified Gulliotine was choice.

Prediction time again. Nice card, we get a make-or-break fight for Mirko, the return of Vitor, and a title eliminator between Kampmann and Daley (look for a great fight for that one). Here's my $.02.....

- Crocop over Dos Santos (hoping to see the return of the LHK)
- Vitor over Franklin (don't think Franklin will get Lindland'd, but will be good)
- Kampmann over Daley (especially if he decides to take Semtex down)
- Griffin over Franca (I like Hermes, but Tyson is a juggernaut)
- Koscheck over Trigg (unfortunately)
- McFedries over Drwal
- Vlady over Pokrajac
- Brilz over Marshall
- Emerson over Dos Anjos
- Miller over Lopez
- Miller over Escudero

P.S. - Anyone see fight night on Wednesday? One of the best, I thought. All four bouts were excellent...and Nate's come-from-behind modified Gulliotine was choice.

I'm going out on a limb and predict Franca Hermes to beat Tyson Griffin. Tyson is tough, but watching Hermes against Sean Sherk makes me believe he has the upper hand. Trigg has been behind the booth too long, so I give the fight to Josh Koschec. As much as I like Vitor, he doesn't have the precision, speed, and power that he used to back in the day and he will tire out. Rich Franklin will wear him down and win in the 3rd round or by decision. Mirco CroCop has not adapted to the cage and I believe is limited in range with his kicks...I'm afraid it's going to be a devastating k.o. by Dos Santos and Mirco will retire or join another organization. Drew McFedries has impressed me with quickness and finisher instinct...I expect him to win! That's it for my predictions!!!

Lots of short fights thats for sure. Mirko should retire. I have never seen a fighter go from such a high to such a low so quickly. He just doesn't look like his old self in any way. This is a guy that took it to and almost beat Fedor for God's sake.

Mirko should retire. I have never seen a fighter go from such a high to such a low so quickly. He just doesn't look like his old self in any way. This is a guy that took it to and almost beat Fedor for God's sake.

This is merely my humble opinion, but I've been preaching two things for a while now. The first is that CroCop is way past his prime. He just is not that great anymore. The second is that he was good for his time, but it just shows that the champions of the past were only good with respect to their competition which at the time was very small and still very undeveloped. This also applies to Fedor, who I also contend is not as good as his record would suggest.

A classic example of this was when Royce Gracie, who destroyed everyone in the first few days of UFC fought Matt Hughes. Gracie's technique was "new" to the world of UFC and when matched with mostly toughman pit fighters and martial arts traditionalists, looked like he was the greatest fighter of all time. But when he fought Matt Hughes, who was more of a trained MMA fighter, which a more evolutionary MMA tactic, he mopped the floor with Royce. And yet, the sport is still evolving. Matt Hughes is now considered old hat and the newer generation of fighters are much more balanced and strategic than the fighters of even his era. You are now close to entering an era where fighters grew up from the start as MMA fighters, as opposed to wrestlers turned fighters, or even law enforcement agents turned fighter. That should have a quantum leap in terms of the quality and abilities of the newest crop of fighters.

This is merely my humble opinion, but I've been preaching two things for a while now. The first is that CroCop is way past his prime. He just is not that great anymore. The second is that he was good for his time, but it just shows that the champions of the past were only good with respect to their competition which at the time was very small and still very undeveloped. This also applies to Fedor, who I also contend is not as good as his record would suggest.

A classic example of this was when Royce Gracie, who destroyed everyone in the first few days of UFC fought Matt Hughes. Gracie's technique was "new" to the world of UFC and when matched with mostly toughman pit fighters and martial arts traditionalists, looked like he was the greatest fighter of all time. But when he fought Matt Hughes, who was more of a trained MMA fighter, which a more evolutionary MMA tactic, he mopped the floor with Royce. And yet, the sport is still evolving. Matt Hughes is now considered old hat and the newer generation of fighters are much more balanced and strategic than the fighters of even his era. You are now close to entering an era where fighters grew up from the start as MMA fighters, as opposed to wrestlers turned fighters, or even law enforcement agents turned fighter. That should have a quantum leap in terms of the quality and abilities of the newest crop of fighters.

Can't say I disagree, but I would add 2 points:

1) You may be right, but until somebody beats Fedor, I would be hesitant to call him "not as good as his record shows". So far, no one had proven that even if he has had a few close calls, he has managed to always win.

2) Royce was waaaaaay too old to be in there with Hughes... who by the way would be selling peanuts at a ballpark had it not been for the Gracies.

Can't say I disagree, but I would add 2 points:

1) You may be right, but until somebody beats Fedor, I would be hesitant to call him "not as good as his record shows". So far, no one had proven that even if he has had a few close calls, he has managed to always win.

2) Royce was waaaaaay too old to be in there with Hughes... who by the way would be selling peanuts at a ballpark had it not been for the Gracies.

I agree with both points 100%. As for Mirko, I mentioned that he would retire or go to another organization. He's looks too predictable since joining the UFC.

Back