Volk CE28N (Black or Gunmetal Finish)

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a set of CE28s is 18x9.5 +40 for the rear and 17x8.0 +38 for the front for my 03. I was wondering if anyone's running this setup and if they can post up pics. Any kind of review would be great too. Thank you in advance.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335733712.611879.jpg

Man, you car is freak'n sick! the lowered oem look is the best. However, If you must go the aftermarket route, I would got with gunmetel for sure.

Btw... What are you lowered on? Are you running spacers? Anymore pix perhaps?

Last edited:
Man, you car is freak'n sick! the lowered oem look is the best. However, If you must go the aftermarket route, I would got with gunmetel for sure.

Btw... What are you lowered on? Are you running spacers? Anymore pix perhaps?

Thank brother but I'm looking to go 18s x 9.5 in the rear that's essentially why I'm going to the aftermarket. Plus the 28n is lighter than the OE forged rims so that's a plus too. I'm lowered on Eibachs (springs/shocks) an running 25mm spacer (Project Kics integrated studs) in the rear and 15mm spacers (H&R, replaced OE studs with a longer set) in the front. Here are some pics...you can find some on the Formula Red thread as well. A couple of these were taken by a buddy that's really into photographyImageUploadedByTapatalk1335794092.629032.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1335794142.551776.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1335794173.701295.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1335794241.550371.jpg

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a set of CE28s is 18x9.5 +40 for the rear and 17x8.0 +38 for the front for my 03. I was wondering if anyone's running this setup and if they can post up pics. Any kind of review would be great too. Thank you in advance.View attachment 86150

I've been running LE28N's (CE28N) since about '03 on my old '91, and the last 3yrs on my newer '00. Amazing wheels and I would say an almost timeless design from Volk I still get tons of compliments on them. They still look new this many years later. Gone through about ~6 sets of tires over the years, rears always seem to wear out 2 times faster than the fronts on the street. So you'll be replacing rears in pairs first, and then front every 2nd time the rears wear out. lol

Fronts are 17x7.5 Offset +43 with 215/40/17, rears are 18x9.5 Offset +42 with 275/35/18. Quick note, the wheels were originally ordered for a 97+, I had to use a 8mm spacer and extended wheel studs to make them work! More work than I expected but the results well worth it. I believe there is around a ~5mm difference between wheels and offsets on the 91, compared to 97+ years.

When I put them on the '00 to my surprise because of the curvature of the spokes dips in towards the wheel a bit they would make contact with the calliper brackets. My wheel and tire guy corrected this minor issue resolved with a 3mm spacer not requiring longer wheel studs.

You should be ok with those offsets you listed pretty sure the spoke won't contact the calliper brackets.

Btw this was my '91 back a few years http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71149

One of my Fav pics from back then my old '91 in her glory days about 1.5inch lowered, with Wings West kit installed:
139gm.jpg

Last edited:
I've been running LE28N's (CE28N) since about '03 on my old '91, and the last 3yrs on my newer '00. Amazing wheels and I would say an almost timeless design from Volk I still get tons of compliments on them. They still look new this many years later. Gone through about ~6 sets of tires over the years, rears always seem to wear out 2 times faster than the fronts on the street. So you'll be replacing rears in pairs first, and then front every 2nd time the rears wear out. lol

Fronts are 17x7.5 Offset +43 with 215/40/17, rears are 18x9.5 Offset +42 with 275/35/18. Quick note, the wheels were originally ordered for a 97+, I had to use a 8mm spacer and extended wheel studs to make them work! More work than I expected but the results well worth it. I believe there is around a ~5mm difference between wheels and offsets on the 91, compared to 97+ years.

When I put them on the '00 to my surprise because of the curvature of the spokes dips in towards the wheel a bit they would make contact with the calliper brackets. My wheel and tire guy corrected this minor issue resolved with a 3mm spacer not requiring longer wheel studs.

You should be ok with those offsets you listed pretty sure the spoke won't contact the calliper brackets.

Btw this was my '91 back a few years http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71149

One of my Fav pics from back then my old '91 in her glory days about 1.5inch lowered, with Wings West kit installed:
139gm.jpg

Hey the car looks nice! Thanks for the info. I'm assuming that my spacers currently on the car would be too much once I get the 28s...wonder what size I'd need to get (spacers)...maybe I could still use the 15mm spacers from the front in the rear.

Order this size ce 28s
They will fit your car perfectly with no spacers
My fronts are 17x8 +38 hipad.
My rears are 18x9.5 +40.

I have titanium silver on my silverstone 05 nsx and titanium gunmetal on my white na2 nsxr replica

Be sure to order the flat center caps and the volk duralminum lug nuts

Order this size ce 28s
They will fit your car perfectly with no spacers
My fronts are 17x8 +38 hipad.
My rears are 18x9.5 +40.

I have titanium silver on my silverstone 05 nsx and titanium gunmetal on my white na2 nsxr replica

Be sure to order the flat center caps and the volk duralminum lug nuts

Thanks socalx!

i hear you there man. new stone driveway, walkway to backyward, fence, upgraded deck etc etc etc.... UGH

Looks like the wheels have got to wait...wife wanted to do landscaping in the back and front. Just shelled out $10K.... :(

We did a patio and walkway to our garage in the back, 3 planter boxes (retaining wall style); two in the front and one in the back, pathway to the stairs in the front. Patio stones were used for all...all I wanted were rims :( It would have cost around half of what we spent...cheaper so better right :D

Sounds AWESOMe ! You should put some pictures up on the NSx cribs thread!

We did a patio and walkway to our garage in the back, 3 planter boxes (retaining wall style); two in the front and one in the back, pathway to the stairs in the front. Patio stones were used for all...all I wanted were rims :( It would have cost around half of what we spent...cheaper so better right :D

Back