• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wash DC NSX'ers

Hey Brian, Millien, Sig, Nsxlnt and Quicksilver!
How does Saturday May 12th at 11:00 AM sound? We could meet at Dulles Town Center and head West into West Virginia or maybe out past Middleburg. I'll try to figure out a good route. Let me know. Quiklsilver, I remember test driving your NSX. I can't believe you picked up another one.
Any other DC area NSX'ers please respond to this thread. The more cars the better!! Hey Eddie Dungrat are you on the Prime site?
Ken

Originally posted by Ken YZ F1:
How does Saturday May 12th at 11:00 AM sound? We could meet at Dulles Town Center and head West into West Virginia or maybe out past Middleburg. I'll try to figure out a good route. Let me know. Quiklsilver, I remember test driving your NSX. I can't believe you picked up another one.
Any other DC area NSX'ers please respond to this thread. The more cars the better!! Hey Eddie Dungrat are you on the Prime site?
Ken

I'd join you guys but May 13th is my B-Day and I'm going upto Atlantic City to gamble my brains out!! Have fun!

Ken, Eddie here, aka QWKSLVR, thought you knew, didn't think there that many other black NSXs you test drove other than mine in DC area. Sounds like a plan. Also RUNUTZZ, remember bumping into me in G'Town a while back? Let's meet up sometime when you're in town, would love to check out your Bell TT & your A/V install.

Originally posted by QWKSLVR:
Ken, Eddie here, aka QWKSLVR, thought you knew, didn't think there that many other black NSXs you test drove other than mine in DC area. Sounds like a plan. Also RUNUTZZ, remember bumping into me in G'Town a while back? Let's meet up sometime when you're in town, would love to check out your Bell TT & your A/V install.

Ahh that was you!
smile.gif
I dunno about that Sat. I think I will be leaving that sat, but maybe not.

Robert

Hi Ken,
I'm still in CT. I'm thinking of a house near
Charlottesville. If/when I do get down there I would definately enjoy hooking up with fellow NSXers. Maybe we could get a local club going. I know Lud is in VA somewhere. BTW, I was in Richmond again a couple weeks ago and saw an awesome Black NSX on a lot near the science museum. anyone know who's that is? Keith

Originally posted by Ken YZ F1:
Ken

Sounds good. Count me in.

Brian

I should be able to meet everyone, but don't know if I can make the drive. Will know when the time gets closer. A lot of things are going on this month, but I would like to meet the local NSXers.

------------------
Milien

91 NSX Black/Ivory
95 BMW M3 Black/Black

Hey guys, just FYI some other NSXers are trying to set up a DC area event for around the same time. Maybe it would be best to coordinate everyone into one big event? Just an idea. Here's a message I just received:

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:45:09 -0400
Subject: [NSX] DC-area NSX event - pls. RSVP
X-cc: [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected]

We're trying to firm up plans for the DC-area NSX event/drive beginning at Pohanka Acura, scheduled for 5/19. Please RSVP if you're interested in this date. An alternate date is Saturday 6/9.
Please let us know so we can firm up our plans.

Our tentative plans are to meet at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA (approx. 20 miles west of DC). At Pohanka we'll have lunch (with possible vendor freebies and tech session) and then have a drive through Virginia horse country into Maryland. We'll end up at Dave & Busters restaurant/upscale video arcade in Bethesda, MD.

Neither Wasif Shakeel nor myself can make the 5/19 date, but we will keep that date if the majority wants. Thanks -Howard

Also FYI, the alternate June 9 date mentioned in Howard's e-mail conflicts with the big River Run event up in New Jersey: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001760.html

I realize NJ is far away but the River Run has become the largest NSX event on the east coast and usually draws several from the DC area so it would probably be best to avoid conflicting dates if possible.

DC NSX'ers,
I checked out Dulles Town Center for a logical place to meet and a good place is in the perking lot of the restuarant UNO's which is right next to Macoroni Grille.
We'll meet at 11:00 Saturday 5-12, everyone can meet, check out each others ride and discuss the interest in forming a DC area NSX club. I''l bring route maps for those who want to go for a ride. Probably not more than 1 hour round trip. Look forward to meeting all you fellow Wash. DC NSX die hards!!
Ken YZ-F1

CALLING ALL DC-AREA NSXers:
We're also doing an event 6/9 starting at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA. They'll provide lunch and we'll have some vendor freebies. Then a drive thru horse country. We'll end up in Bethesda, MD at Dave & Buster's (restaurant and hi-end video games)
email me at [email protected] to RSVP. We have eight confirmed so far.

------------------

We're also doing an event 6/9

Why are you scheduling this for the same day as the River Run event? Can't you make it ANY other date?

The River Run event is THE place to be. See you in NJ!

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 03 May 2001).]

I have poor luck. ON 5/12 my car will be at Pohanka getting eibachs, sway bars, 60k service and new wheels put on. I don't think I will have it back till Monday. Then on 6/9 I will be in Ibiza on vacation. Maybe I can show up and ride with someone next Saturday.

[This message has been edited by Sig (edited 04 May 2001).]

Hey Sig,

When you're in Ibiza, check out a club there called Space - amazing nightlife!

------------------
Milien

91 NSX Black/Ivory
95 BMW M3 Black/Black

Hey fellas, I really want to meet up w/ everyone, but as mentioned before, my NSX is now in the body shop as of this past Tues. to fix a fender bender. Hopefully it'll be out by mid week & in time for cruisin' on Sat. May 12. I plan on bringing another NSXer who doesn't post here, but lives in Alexandria. If not let's get together again soon after, by then I hope to have my Taitec center out exhaust and carbon kevlar rear diffuser installed & roarin' Also, Ken, how do I get to Dulles Town center from I66 going toward the airport?

DC NSX'ers,
I checked out Dulles Town Center for a logical place to meet and a good place is in the perking lot of the restuarant UNO's which is right next to Macoroni Grille.
We'll meet at 11:00 Saturday 5-12, everyone can meet, check out each others ride and discuss the interest in forming a DC area NSX club. I''l bring route maps for those who want to go for a ride. Probably not more than 1 hour round trip. Look forward to meeting all you fellow Wash. DC NSX die hards!!
Ken YZ-F1

My wife and I just returned from Ft Lauderdale with our new 2000 Monaco Blue Pearl NSX-T. Hope we can meet everyone this Sat.

Rick

Haven't heard from anyone here at NSXPrime on the gathering 6/9. It does conflict with the NJ "River Run" event, but we have 8 confirmed for 6/9 here in DC: Kai Wang, Scott Silverman, Larry Stone, Wasif Shakeel,Gregg Ginsberg, Brian Bailey and myself. Let me know what you think and if you can make it. (Eddie D- I test-drove your NSX way back, but ended up getting a '91 conversion T) -Howie

What's up Howie, I remember. I'm certain I'll have my NSX back from the body shop by the time of your gathering, so I should be able to meet up. Your NSX, is that the black on ivory one that was for sale in Springfield, VA? I have since sold my black one, missed it & was too uninspired to get a 911 C4, so i'm back in the saddle!

Originally posted by tabasco:
My wife and I just returned from Ft Lauderdale with our new 2000 Monaco Blue Pearl NSX-T.
Rick

How was the trip? How do you like the car? Post some photos and a writeup when you get a chance, I'm sure we're all interested!

Eddie,
Dulles Town Center is the new mall which is off route 7, maybe 5 miles west of Reston. Ther are different ways to get there, check out a local ADC map. Hope you can make it!

Howie,
I can probably make the 6-9 Pohanka event. I don't have the time to drive to NJ for the River Run event and would like to meet more DC NSX'ers.

Originally posted by Lud:
How was the trip? How do you like the car? Post some photos and a writeup when you get a chance, I'm sure we're all interested!

Lud,

Love the car and had a great trip. I'm having problems with the camera, can't get the pics out. Hopefully will have them in a few days. I will post them and tell a short story about our trip.

We hit some very serious storms in FL and VA and that NSX handled like no other car I've ever driven. I used to have a 300zx Twin Turbo, and was afraid to have it out in the rain. The NSX is a dream.

One more thing, we got 30.9 MPG, mostly in 6th gear though.

Hope to see you on Sat...Rick

Okay- We now have 9 confirmed for the event 6/9 starting at Pohanka (add Han Duong and Ken to my last list). I'll post more details as far as vendor freebies, food, exact times, etc. Pls. email any local NSXers that I have missed and ask them to shoot me an email at [email protected]

Also- I may be able to make it this Sat. 5/12 for a little while.

QWKSLVER- that wasn't mine for sale in Springfield. Mine's a '91 black conversion T

Back